**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - Aug 24th, 2023

allaboutbuzz

2 minutes ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

epg, I cleared the cache, but I did not find where to clear it. I'm not panicking, I just don't understand why posting a raw update? Updated because the old software got its own problems. And where does the chip or RAM? When everything shows well, namely on 4k channels, when you switch to it, everything is ok, but it’s worth pressing ok, so such a ripple thing comes out. You press the button back on the picture and everything again shows the picture normally.

The firmware was tested a ton on HEVC and 4K Channels
And none of these issues appeared

Our last Firmware update was in March
This ones been worked on since

So its not a RAW update.

And we only mentioned that the RAM on your box could be corrupt and what is causing your issues
Or it could be something else hardware wise, even an HDMI Cable by chance

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

epg, I cleared the cache, but I did not find where to clear it. I'm not panicking, I just don't understand why posting a raw update? Updated because the old software got its own problems. And where does the chip or RAM? When everything shows well, namely on 4k channels, when you switch to it, everything is ok, but it’s worth pressing ok, so such a ripple thing comes out. You press the button back on the picture and everything again shows the picture normally.

did you check main settings?

if you made any changes on last firmware it's possible they reverted back

and this is the x5 section 😉

Edited by dishuser
site hung...lol

I strongly suspect h/w issues on your box.   Like was mentioned, this load was in beta testing for quite some time.  Tested on at least 3 services by myself and many other services from many of the other testers.  Did not have any video issues.  If anything, it was a lot quicker and more stable that the previous primary player.  Obviously can't test with ALL streams and services ,so there will always be an exception to everything.

9 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I strongly suspect h/w issues on your box.   Like was mentioned, this load was in beta testing for quite some time.  Tested on at least 3 services by myself and many other services from many of the other testers.  Did not have any video issues.  If anything, it was a lot quicker and more stable that the previous primary player.  Obviously can't test with ALL streams and services ,so there will always be an exception to everything.

you tested the firmware for quite some time?

when I updated yesterday I only updated firmware not software 😉

43 minutes ago, dishuser said:

you tested the firmware for quite some time?

when I updated yesterday I only updated firmware not software 😉

OK, you are 100% correct.  BuzzTV 5 software was tested, not the firmware (at least not by me).

And yes, my update was only firmware yesterday, since my software version was already greater than what was released (at least on the X5 that I use for beta testing).

• Like 1

I flashed my second x128i with new software. The problems are the same as on U5 on hevc, the picture freezes and the sound goes on, on 4k channels the same ripples as on the u5 prefix. And you prove to me here that this is a problem with the device. This is a problem with the firmware, it's a curve.

20230826_090456.jpg

15 minutes ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

I flashed my second x128i with new software. The problems are the same as on U5 on hevc, the picture freezes and the sound goes on, on 4k channels the same ripples as on the u5 prefix. And you prove to me here that this is a problem with the device. This is a problem with the firmware, it's a curve.

20230826_090456.jpg

did you go to settings/device preferences to see if any of your settings changed?

not asking again if you choose to ignore questions

Had you played with any of the previous "picture settings" options ?  How about under Resolution, did you change any of the colorspace or HDR settings ?

Did you enable the Auto Frame rate feature ?  If so, maybe try to disable it as a test (it's under the BuzzTV Utilities).

what settings? The picture costs 4k in the settings, adaptive hdr costs what else can be changed in the settings? Then he noticed that on channel one in the standard player he sees only 1 sound track. And if I start viewing from the phone in the Tele ... o program, then all the tracks are present on the same channel and there are about 8-10 of them to choose from. And in the prefix for some reason there is only 1 track. Can you tell me what settings in the console I need to look at? Oh yes, I have a home theater Nikamachi sse earc 9.2.2

The screenshots show that there is only 1 track on the console and a lot on the phone. Is this a glitch or what?

20230826_095536.jpg

Screenshot_20230826_095609_Televizo.jpg

OK.. First HUGE problem is that the first 10 Audio tracks are all named the same.  This is far from being normal.  The primary player may have a limit on the number of audio tracks, but having 10 tracks with the same name can do very strange things.

The settings we are talking about are NOT in the buzztv TV app.  They were under the settings icon from the home page.  Under device preferences.  The "Picture" options I am talking about are no longer available.  They were there in previous firmware, because they were forgotten to be hidden.  Those were supposed to be developer option.  Many people chose to play with them at their own risk.

21 minutes ago, Emporium said:

OK.. First HUGE problem is that the first 10 Audio tracks are all named the same.  This is far from being normal.  The primary player may have a limit on the number of audio tracks, but having 10 tracks with the same name can do very strange things.

The settings we are talking about are NOT in the buzztv TV app.  They were under the settings icon from the home page.  Under device preferences.  The "Picture" options I am talking about are no longer available.  They were there in previous firmware, because they were forgotten to be hidden.  Those were supposed to be developer option.  Many people chose to play with them at their own risk.

if 10 audio tracks show on the phone that has nothing to do with buzztv app

it has to do with app on phone

Edited by dishuser

24 minutes ago, dishuser said:

if 10 audio tracks show on the phone that has nothing to do with buzztv app

it has to do with app on phone

There may very well be 10+ audio tracks.  But the fact that they have the same name is an issue.  Example, when you multiplex an mkv file and include multiple audio or subtitle tracks, you always ensure that each entry has a different name.  First to be able to properly identify what it is (if they all have same name, how do you know how each one differs from the other).  An secondly, if they have the same ID/name, then some apps will only show 1 of the multiple ones that have the same name.  I do this often to include multiple subtracks and audio tracks for movies I provide to family and friends, and in the past (when I got lazy and just called everything "audio track", I did get a few people which could not choose or see the various options, depending on the hardware they were using.  

Try creating and M3U file with multiple entries with the same channel name.  Some players will parse them and show you 3 separate entities, others will show you only 1 entry, and other will show you multiple, but will only associate with the first stream for both entries.  So behaviour is not deterministic.

So a service which encodes multiple tracks but does not give them unique names is going to have some customers with compatibility issues.

I also noticed on one of the channels if the channel comes with a 5.1 audio track, then when I switch to it the picture is on and there is no sound, and if I turn off the sound track when I press the green button on the remote control, then the picture starts to go but without sound. If I turn on the audio track again, the picture stops and there is no sound.

And here is a short video about what I wrote above about 4k channels.  On two devices after the update, such a problem.  Buzztv x128 and Buzztv u5

10 minutes ago, Emporium said:

There may very well be 10+ audio tracks.  But the fact that they have the same name is an issue.  Example, when you multiplex an mkv file and include multiple audio or subtitle tracks, you always ensure that each entry has a different name.  First to be able to properly identify what it is (if they all have same name, how do you know how each one differs from the other).  An secondly, if they have the same ID/name, then some apps will only show 1 of the multiple ones that have the same name.  I do this often to include multiple subtracks and audio tracks for movies I provide to family and friends, and in the past (when I got lazy and just called everything "audio track", I did get a few people which could not choose or see the various options, depending on the hardware they were using.  

Try creating and M3U file with multiple entries with the same channel name.  Some players will parse them and show you 3 separate entities, others will show you only 1 entry, and other will show you multiple, but will only associate with the first stream for both entries.  So behaviour is not deterministic.

So a service which encodes multiple tracks but does not give them unique names is going to have some customers with compatibility issues.

and it finally happened because of update

I'm sticking with firmware settings

anyways I've had more than enough of this user who skirts questions and keeps showing pictures that are irrelevant