**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - Aug 24th, 2023

allaboutbuzz

6 minutes ago, Ged said:

I do have a 32GB Micro SD card and it accepted a format to FAT32.

However, after the format I did a Properties check on the card and it identified as "Filesystem type: msdos".

msdos not the same as FAT32 as far as I know, although probably quite close.

I have read that SD cards of 32GB and above are unable to accept a FAT32 format.

I'm reluctant to use a card formatted to "msdos" rather than "FAT32" as I did read that someone on this forum bricked their box by using the wrong filesystem. The video does emphasise FAT32 on a card with less than 32GB capacity.

Maybe I'm being overcautious but I don't want to end up with a doorstop.

You might as well wait for the SD card

Just a heads-up that buzz has been replacing bricked units due to the June 24 sw

• Like 3

BuzzTV "Support" refused to send me the firmware...

"We offer 30 days for refunds and 1 year manufacturer warranty.

We did offer customers micro SD cards while their boxes are within our standard warranty. This is no longer offered instead customers either supplier their own micro SD card or mail back to us 

We can upgrade your box for you however the shipping costs would be your responsibility.

You can use 32gb micro SD card theres no reason that 16gb is required or this doesn't increase the chance of bricking your device. If you require further assistance please advise"

Basically they are telling me to pizz off.

I have owned a BuzzTV X5 128 Al for 15 months. In that time I have not received a single firmware update.

I have found the unit to be slow and unstable.

BuzzTV after sales service, software updates, customer support and customer satisfaction levels have been dreadful.

I've got a box from a reputable company on order. Had enough of the BuzzTV cowboys.

31 minutes ago, Ged said:

BuzzTV "Support" refused to send me the firmware...

"We offer 30 days for refunds and 1 year manufacturer warranty.

We did offer customers micro SD cards while their boxes are within our standard warranty. This is no longer offered instead customers either supplier their own micro SD card or mail back to us 

We can upgrade your box for you however the shipping costs would be your responsibility.

You can use 32gb micro SD card theres no reason that 16gb is required or this doesn't increase the chance of bricking your device. If you require further assistance please advise"

Basically they are telling me to pizz off.

I have owned a BuzzTV X5 128 Al for 15 months. In that time I have not received a single firmware update.

I have found the unit to be slow and unstable.

BuzzTV after sales service, software updates, customer support and customer satisfaction levels have been dreadful.

I've got a box from a reputable company on order. Had enough of the BuzzTV cowboys.

because you're too stupid to check why you haven't got an update you expect them to extend the warranty?

I feel sorry for the other manufacturer you just purchased from...lol

• Haha 1

far from stoopid would be doing a google search to find out

buzztv constantly has upgrades/updates to fix user's issues because they listen and respond

I fixed my x5 myself using my sd 32gb from outdoor camera last year in minutes and card was back in camera and formatted by camera in seconds

if you buy a product it's up to you to check info on it

there's no mailing list

When you say it sees it as "Filesystem type: msdos"  I am assuming you are NOT using a windows PC.  Possibly a MAC or Linux box ?  Pretty sure that is NOT an official filesyste type.  And whatever machines you are using, is grouping all windows type filesystems under 1 category (FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, etc..).  If you have access to a windows PC use that.

I would have offered to send you a MicroSD card, since I have a few of them (8GB) which I used to update some for family and friends.  And with your comment about "Cretin" I assume we are not too far geographically 🙂   But after all the current comments, I am not even going to bother.

For a company which has a reputation of regular updates, it should have been a red flag to you when you realized that after 6 months, still no updates.  Can't blame buzz, if you waited more than a year to check confirm why you still had no updates.  And just to clarify, they did not tell you to "buzz" off.  They did offer to flash it, but being so long after the fact, and out of warranty they would not cover the shipping.  They would not charge you for the service, you just cover shipping if you are not able to do it yourself.

Good Luck with the other company you ordered a box from.

• Like 3