How to force update via USB on X5

13 minutes ago, dishuser said:

menu/settings/check updates

3 minutes ago, dishuser said:

email cs@buzztv.com your mac

Will do. I guess I'll just send it into them. Time to move the shield down from the bedroom and use the backup firestick in the bedroom I suppose. 

1 minute ago, ThrasherPrime said:

Will do. I guess I'll just send it into them. Time to move the shield down from the bedroom and use the backup firestick in the bedroom I suppose. 

they're open tomorrow

they will send the update ota

47 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

Although I'm not sure it actually did anything. It is downloading an update then it reboots and I'm still on August of 2023 version 5.0.775.

Thoughts?

The August 2023 is good (V20230815) for the firmware (at least that is what I also have on both my X5 128AI, and X5 64AX-C).

But the 5.0.775 they will send you an OTA like DU mentioned (I believe 5.0.919 is the latest public version).  You'll probably have to send them the MAC of your box (include it in the email you send them).

Leave the box on for a while.  A buddy of mine who had an X5 in a box since launch was having issues getting it up and running recently.  He brought me it, I updated the firmware (which would download but kept failing to install) and that took no problem, but the latest Buzz software was only pushed to his box about 30 minutes later.  Don't know if it was just coincidence or OTA server was offline or something else, but you got nothing to lose.

after update you might have to give few reboot before it will kick in latest update. recently HD5 I reset for friend and was not updating to latest buzz app version. after few try it kicked in. maybe you can try that too.

Edited by Ryu

1 hour ago, ThrasherPrime said:

That is how all this came to light. I bought a new X5 for my mom to use. I set it up and saw new features, then saw the version was different than mine. Her X5 has lots of cool new features I want. LOL

did you email them?

after you get the update you will get all future updates

give them your mac and tell them what version you currently have

9 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

Yes, they want me to send it in to be manually refreshed. 

But that was when you needed a firmware update, no ?  But now you are already on the V20230815 firmware, so it is just a software update which they can surely push via OTA.   Did you tell them that firmware is now up to date, and it is only the software version that needs to be updated ?

• Like 1

I asked them if they can force the software via OTA and I'm waiting on a reply. I also sent the screen shots (again) circling were it states current version. 

The OTA says there is an available update, of which I download, install and reboot and nothing changes. WTF.

True.. But I don't think the firmware update took.  Maybe downloaded (hence the release notes), but it did not actually install.

Considering the box is back up and running, I would not probably do a PIN method factory reset one more time.  This would clear all cache and prep for latest update.