How to force update via USB on X5

8 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

I am stuck on the June 2022 version, just learning now it was an issue. No I did not get a file but did send them my issue for a ticket. 

https://mega.nz/file/zU1XUCoK#yE-3FiOH8CJLClAvsy-eEPTCNH0ywvfCl2pFJk5Szj0

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

All this does it take me to a bootloader screen from android and nothing makes it boot from the USB. It's fine. I'll just wait for their newest box and retire this one. 

It has to be done from a SD card

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThrasherPrime said:

All this does it take me to a bootloader screen from android and nothing makes it boot from the USB. It's fine. I'll just wait for their newest box and retire this one. 

Wow.. Retire an X5, over the need for a $2 microSD card ?  You can use the smallest card you can find honestly.  It is not that big.  I had a few 8GB MicroSD cards I had lying around and would pass them around to a few of my colleagues who needed updates (all had purchased at same time).

Don't know where you are located, but 8GB MicroSD cards can be had for dirt cheap (if you can still find something that small).  Can even fit on a 4GB card (possibly even 2 GIG, but that might be tight after formatting).  I'm sure someone in the family or friends would have one you can borrow for a day just for the update.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Wow.. Retire an X5, over the need for a $2 microSD card ?  You can use the smallest card you can find honestly.  It is not that big.  I had a few 8GB MicroSD cards I had lying around and would pass them around to a few of my colleagues who needed updates (all had purchased at same time).

Don't know where you are located, but 8GB MicroSD cards can be had for dirt cheap (if you can still find something that small).  Can even fit on a 4GB card (possibly even 2 GIG, but that might be tight after formatting).  I'm sure someone in the family or friends would have one you can borrow for a day just for the update.

It won't actually be retired just moved to the non main TV once their newest box is released. I ordered an SD card and USB adapter for my PC. It's all good. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

It won't actually be retired just moved to the non main TV once their newest box is released. I ordered an SD card and USB adapter for my PC. It's all good. 

OK cool.. Hope it's a MicroSD, and not just a regular SD 🙂

When the update starts, be patient.  Let it go.  At one point it will feel like the unit is hung or unresponsive.  Just let it go, don't try to stop it..  Can take a few minutes to complete.  If you interrupt it, you can brick it.

I always stay on top of it to keep eye on it to see whats happening the time of update/installation. so when nothing happens for sometime I keep work on my pc/phone patiently until picture comes on. so keep something to keep you distracted during installation process. 🙂

• Like 2