U5 color space setting

ismael

53 minutes ago, ismael said:

if I'm the only person who has seen this in 7 months, you should hire me as a tester for your boxes and maybe listen a little to what I say (without wanting to be arrogant and selfish and narcissistic)... because if I say all these things is to improve the brand and finally have an IPTV box on the market that approaches perfection. and you are not far from it and to dethrone the king Formuler you have to do better than him

hire you so you can drive buzz nuts. but yeah you deserve noble prize. sleep well 🙂

Formuler King ?  That's a laugh.. Most people I know that buy buzz boxes are doing so because they are fed up with that.  Like I said earlier, every device has it's pros and cons.  That is why there are choices out there.

You are free to have your opinion, and as you said earlier, it is obviously not for you.

You may be in IT, but I've been doing low level coding since the days of the VAX machines, and I agree with allaboutbuzz.  You don't add a feature that can potentially cause all sorts of issues for your users.  I deliver multi-$M devices on a weekly basis and if I did that, we would not be in business.  If amlogic could add an option to poll the device to see what could be "safe" option, then I am sure they would have.  And maybe in the future (in another chipset), they might.  It is every makers choice to abide and follow the recommendations from the chip manufacturer, and if you don't like it, you go elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Ryu said:

hire you so you can drive buzz nuts. but yeah you deserve noble prize. sleep well 🙂

it was a joke...but it's just a matter of ego. how a small user can criticize our work as a super developer, we who have been here for 20 years. but ok, your choice, your point of view.

and your irony you can keep to yourself. you react emotionally instead of reacting rationally. sometimes our blinders prevent us from seeing the obvious. and sometimes an external opinion is useful. Apparently this forum is here for you to read what you want to read. but sometimes to evolve a product, you need a little humility and question the product rationally, not emotionally. keep up the good work

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Emporium said:

Formuler King ?  That's a laugh.. Most people I know that buy buzz boxes are doing so because they are fed up with that.  Like I said earlier, every device has it's pros and cons.  That is why there are choices out there.

You are free to have your opinion, and as you said earlier, it is obviously not for you.

You may be in IT, but I've been doing low level coding since the days of the VAX machines, and I agree with allaboutbuzz.  You don't add a feature that can potentially cause all sorts of issues for your users.  I deliver multi-$M devices on a weekly basis and if I did that, we would not be in business.  If amlogic could add an option to poll the device to see what could be "safe" option, then I am sure they would have.  And maybe in the future (in another chipset), they might.  It is every makers choice to abide and follow the recommendations from the chip manufacturer, and if you don't like it, you go elsewhere.

yes it shows that you are a good developer who has been in IT for a long time. you react like a developer. but I'm not going to insist, it's useless, we have two literally different points of view.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ismael said:

yes it shows that you are a good developer who has been in IT for a long time. you react like a developer. but I'm not going to insist, it's useless, we have two literally different points of view.

I am not in IT, and refuse to consider myself in IT.   I am in s/w engineering, and even though I am no longer coding myself, I do review code, and UI designs for very large products.

Yes we have 2 different point of views, and that is healthy.   I have many different customers all over the globe and priorities and what is important varies from one side of the globe to the other.  And we often sit down and find compromises.  But being arrogant like you and assuming that YOUR way is the best way, only way and the way it is supposed to be, turns people off and extinguishes any desire to work with you.

Enjoy you other boxes.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ismael said:

if I'm the only person who has seen this in 7 months, you should hire me as a tester for your boxes and maybe listen a little to what I say (without wanting to be arrogant and selfish and narcissistic)... because if I say all these things is to improve the brand and finally have an IPTV box on the market that approaches perfection. and you are not far from it and to dethrone the king Formuler you have to do better than him

My point about not seeing it for 7 months was that's because basically nobody uses this feature. So having it or not, is not going to drive up sales. 

Were still always open to other suggestions though. However no box is perfect. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

My point about not seeing it for 7 months was that's because basically nobody uses this feature. So having it or not, is not going to drive up sales. 

Were still always open to other suggestions though. However no box is perfect. 

I think it's very important setting, especially for 4K

Maybe you can read articles above this, and you will see that's an important feature. And I don't understand why Amlogic disabled this option.

Because most of TV support all the settings

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

5 hours ago, ismael said:

I think it's very important setting, especially for 4K

Maybe you can read articles above this, and you will see that's an important feature. And I don't understand why Amlogic disabled this option.

Because most of TV support all the settings

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

I told you already why they disabled it.  They're a very large company, so obviously this decision was made for a good reason. 

This feature sounds very very niche though. 

44 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I told you already why they disabled it.  They're a very large company, so obviously this decision was made for a good reason. 

This feature sounds very very niche though. 

Sounds crazy for me what Amlogic did, people who are enthusiastic about video quality don't take this option lightly

If you search YCbCr a lot of people speaking about this. I am not the only one who cares about this

And sorry but it's not because it's a big company that they necessarily do things well and correctly

but I understand that it is not Buzztv's decision to deactivate this option

2 minutes ago, ismael said:

Sounds crazy for me what Amlogic did, people who are enthusiastic about video quality don't take this option lightly

If you search YCbCr a lot of people speaking about this. I am not the only one who cares about this

And sorry but it's not because it's a big company that they necessarily do things well and correctly

but I understand that it is not Buzztv's decision to deactivate this option

We have been selling boxes for 10 years. You're the first person to ask for YCbCr

And I've been here for the entire 10 years

So again, it's a niche feature. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

We have been selling boxes for 10 years. You're the first person to ask for YCbCr

And I've been here for the entire 10 years

So again, it's a niche feature. 

I understand your point of view and I believe what you tell me

Do a test with the development team. With the different settings. I am convinced that your trained eyes will make the difference, particularly on 4K.