Issues with remote after update

Greg

I have an issue with my XRS4900 since the update. I’ve paired the remote and it works when the box is on. But if I power off the box (using the remote) I can’t turn it back on. The only way to turn it on is to unplug the box, and plug it back in. Then it boots up and the remote will work for everything else. But if I turn it off, I have to repeat the same unplugging replugging cycle. I never had this issue before the update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

I’ve actually already checked that thread. My blue tooth isn’t crashing. I’ve paired it and it shows up in the remotes and accessories. I have the wifi on even though my connection is hardwired.  Everything works except turning on the box. After I unplug and plug it in, it turns on and the remote features work, I don’t have to pair it again. The power button even works to shut it off. It just doesn’t seem to work for turning it on.

Still not working. I read the entire thread. I’ve paired and unpaired multiple times, made sure cec is turned off and changed the batteries. Is there a way to factory reset the remote? I took out the batteries last night hoping that might do it. Also how can I change from blue tooth to IR mode on the BT200 remote?

Bei mir besteht das gleiche Problem und das beste ist jetzt hat sich meine Schwester bei mir auch mit dem gleichen Problem gemeldet.

Wenn die Box eingeschaltet ist, ist alles gut.  Aber wenn ich die Box ausschalte (mit der Fernbedienung), kann ich sie nicht wieder einschalten.  Die einzige, es einzuschalten, besteht darin, die Box vom Stromnetz Möglichkeit zu trennen und wieder einzustecken.

Und ich dachte, dass es nur bei mir ist, jetzt sind schon Drei in diesem Forum.

Gibt es eine Lösung denn Fehler zu beheben, weil es mich schon Wahnsinnig macht. Bitte um Hilfe. 

So far I haven’t received any helpful information. I’ve been told by tech support that the update wouldn’t cause the IR receiver in the box to stop working. But it seems like if You, your sister and myself are having the same problem after the update, it would be pretty unlikely all of our IR receivers failed at the exact time the update was installed. I might try to completely reset my box but I’m hesitating a little because I don’t want to lose all my favourites in my VOD section.

Es wäre schon schön, wenn Sie eine Lösung für uns Alle finden. Sonst weiß ich auch nicht was ich noch machen soll. Danke für ihre Hilfe.

Sind vielleicht noch welche mit dem gleichen Problem betroffen, hat jemand eine Lösung. Bitte Lösungen vorschlagen.

Stani035

I’ve been able to keep it paired after powering off.  In the settings I have wifi turned on (but not connected) I’m connected via an ethernet cable. I have CEC turned off. I still have to unplug the box and plug it in to turn it on, but after that the remote works without having to pair it again (Until I turn it off). Then repeat the unplugging procedure again to turn it on. 

• 9 months later...
53 minutes ago, freeloader said:

Yes  and unpaired and paired several times and a hard reset remote works fine once it is on but have to unplug and plug back in to turn it on ,shuts off ok with remote just won't turn on.

if you have hdmi cec settings on then go to cec settings and turn off virtual switch and see if that helps.

Are you using WiFi or are you wired ?   If you are wired, try turning on the WiFi (don't need to connect), just make sure it is enabled.  If it is enabled, trying toggling it on/off.

When I had a similar issue with my 4900 ages ago, it was because I was hardwired, and I had manually disabled the WiFi.   Re-enabled WiFi (even though still hardwired), and the issues went away.

Yes it was hard wired and wifi was on so i shut it off and tried it no luck on or off,  sorry i took so long to respond i wasn't expecting another solution. Not that big a deal i just got to remember to unpl;ug and plug it back in to turn it on before i hop into bed.lol. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, freeloader said:

Yes it was hard wired and wifi was on so i shut it off and tried it no luck on or off,  sorry i took so long to respond i wasn't expecting another solution. Not that big a deal i just got to remember to unpl;ug and plug it back in to turn it on before i hop into bed.lol. Thanks.

if you unplug it and plug it back in it will turn on then