U5 issue TV series

ismael

When I watch an episode from a serie it's added to recently watched. But the episodes from the same serie are not grouped together. Each episode which is watched display a new icon cover. Definitely all episodes from the same serie should be regrouped in the same icon cover.

I tried but it's not what I mean.

Look for example when I search a serie, I click on the name on the serie and after comes to an menu with the cover of the serie and season 1, season 2, etc

But if you but the serie un favourite or in recently watched you can not enter anymore in this "full" menu, you have : play, continue watching, etc

If you want to find again this "full menu" you have to search or scroll to the serial.

This menu : play, continue watching, etc is good for movies, this yes. But for series it will be better to have this menu AND also the "full" menu where you can look seasons in the same place

When you search for a series (or find it in one of the other categories), don't press OK on the series.  Go on top of it, and hit "yellow" button to add it to favorites.

Then when it is in your favorites, it is the TOP of the menu that is bookmarked, so when you select it, you will subsequently have the full menu, with all the seasons..  If you add only the season itself (or a specific episode) to favorites, then it will only be that specific season.

• Like 2

tv series/left arrow button

now you should see a list of categories

in my favourite category if I select deadliest catch I get thumbnails for every season

if I select a season I get thumbnails for every episode

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dishuser said:

tv series/left arrow button

now you should see a list of categories

in my favourite category if I select deadliest catch I get thumbnails for every season

if I select a season I get thumbnails for every episode

I will send you PM message about what I mean

sorry I did not see the answer from Emporium. It's a solution which works

But what do you think, it will not be a good option to have in recently watched bot "menus" ?

The list with season 1, season 2, etc and also the menu play, continue watching

5 minutes ago, ismael said:

But what do you think, it will not be a good option to have in recently watched bot "menus" ?

but you haven't recently watched those episodes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dishuser said:

but you haven't recently watched those episodes

your argument is right but we should have the choice of the list of episodes, for example to rewatch an episode

and ordinary users they don't understand that they have to put the series in favourites, they will go to recently watched and continue watching by episode

I think for the end users it's most simple to go in recently watched.

For end users it should be the most simple and make this manipulation to put in favourites after searching it's not intuitive

That's my point of view and I think the goal is to sell boxes to the maximum number of people and for this all should be really simple. And simple for end user point of view and not from technical guys.

99% of end user will not come in forum to ask question. They will buy a box from provider and put power off and everything should be intuitive.

And the procedure to search put the search result in favourite to have the "full" menu of episodes it's really not intuitive, it's already a trick.

And again this is not to say that the product is not good, I actually want this product to work and exceed the sales of the F brand, because the Buzztv products are better.

8 minutes ago, ismael said:

In my opinion, I used to prefer to see things separately at least on that list (even if they are episodes of the same series).  That list, in my opinion, should be for stuff that you have NOT completely finished watching.  Once it is watched, I would have preferred for it to no longer be on that list (automatically be removed).  I just remove them manually (no big deal), since I know other people will use it for completely different reasons.

And with introduction of Multiple Favorites groups option nowadays, Each member of the family just tags their own favorite shows they want to watch, so the "Recently watched" category is not something I pay much attention to any more.  Actually on my main box, I have actually hidden the recently watched category, and just add everything I want to watch in my favorites and then remove them as I go through them.   My kids had a tendency of starting different movies, watching 10 minutes and then moving to the next, so the recently watched list was just cluttered.

15 minutes ago, dishuser said:

you're the only one complaining it's not an option

it's labelled recently watched not what you want to watch next

everyone else uses favourites or search for that

Ok fine. But with F brand it's not like this ... With A brand also, with tivimate also

Maybe we should ask ourself why F brand sell so much device ?

Once I was in a shop in my town to buy an IPTV Box the seller told me the 90% of his sales are the F brand. Which really upsets me

But ok I am the only one which complain ...

Because maybe buzztv boxes are not well know here in my country (Europe Central). The biggest IT resller in my coutry does not sell buzztv boxes but he sells F brand boxes.

If buzztv wants to remain a niche market it must continue like this. But if it wants to develop and surpass the F brand, it will have to think as an end user and not as a power user. In terms of menus and intuitiveness.

But obviously I'm a rude and negative person because I try to improve things. Because I see the potential of the brand. It is better than brand A and brand F. But you think like power users and not like average end users

3 minutes ago, ismael said:

If you want to develop the brand, your product must be able to be easily used by a seventy year old person who does not have technological knowledge

buzztv isn't a new product

I've been using them for 8 or 9 years

I had a formuler z8 that I had a hard time giving away ..lol

my mom is almost 90 and never bugs me how to use the box so it's obviously not hard to use

1 hour ago, ismael said:

your argument is right but we should have the choice of the list of episodes, for example to rewatch an episode

and ordinary users they don't understand that they have to put the series in favourites, they will go to recently watched and continue watching by episode

I think for the end users it's most simple to go in recently watched.

For end users it should be the most simple and make this manipulation to put in favourites after searching it's not intuitive

That's my point of view and I think the goal is to sell boxes to the maximum number of people and for this all should be really simple. And simple for end user point of view and not from technical guys.

99% of end user will not come in forum to ask question. They will buy a box from provider and put power off and everything should be intuitive.

And the procedure to search put the search result in favourite to have the "full" menu of episodes it's really not intuitive, it's already a trick.

And again this is not to say that the product is not good, I actually want this product to work and exceed the sales of the F brand, because the Buzztv products are better.

Thanks for the suggestion

We will look into it and take it into consideration. 

22 minutes ago, ismael said:

If you want to develop the brand, your product must be able to be easily used by a seventy year old person who does not have technological knowledge

This is actually how we exactly designed our app, to be made easy for older customers.

As we have employees who have been in the TV business for over 20 years. 

As I mentioned in my post above this one. We will take your suggestion into consideration. 

5 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This is actually how we exactly designed our app, to be made easy for older customers.

As we have employees who have been in the TV business for over 20 years. 

As I mentioned in my post above this one. We will take your suggestion into consideration. 

ok thank you

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Razer said:

When I push “TV Series” nothing Loads (0 of 0 pages.)

then I get “Buzz tv 5 not responding”

I checked for updates and rebooted 

maybe your server does not have series. contact your service provider.

• Like 2