New Buzz 5 App Update - Version 5.0.919 - Feb 13th, 2024

allaboutbuzz

2 hours ago, Emporium said:

I just sent him a short trial for another service to test 🙂   And at the same time I pointed out that android boxes sometimes add a space automatically after a "," when you are typing in the URL using the remote.  You need to go back and delete the space.  I typically use the very appreciated web server option since I find it easier to use my PC to enter new servers (especially when using cut&paste).

maybe a youtube video could be added to their video channel so others can know how to use it

it certainly makes it easy and foolproof

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Emporium said:

Is that the screen you still get when you try to connect ?  

Have you tried a HARD Factory reset using the PIN method ?

At the current state, I think you should try it.  Here a link to hard resetting a 4500, but the procedure is the same for the majority of the boxes.

https://stbtalk.com/topic/300-factory-reset-hard-reset-xr4500-xrs4500/

When you go into the "server settings", have you tried creating a NEW server entry with your provider portal URL and credentials ?  What exactly is the message you get when you try to create a new one and connect with that ?

I did the hard reset per the video but still ultimately get the "Cannot load portal: failed to connect..." message. I'm not sure what you mean by a NEW server entry. I've tried several different XC API urls and passwords with my service provider's assistance but always get the above message. My box is only three months old but I'm beginning to think it's a lemon. 

39 minutes ago, nbs. said:

He means to enter the info into a different slot

Good suggestion and I entered login info in three different API slots but unfortunately to no avail. My provider gave me different urls and passwords and I've tried them all it but still will not load the portal or connect. 

29 minutes ago, BuzzCut said:

Good suggestion and I entered login info in three different API slots but unfortunately to no avail. My provider gave me different urls and passwords and I've tried them all it but still will not load the portal or connect. 

does youtube work?

Can you try creating server using a web browser on your PC ?

When you go into the server screen on the buzz box, on the top right under the ServerID it will give you a link like "http://192.168.x.x:8090"

If you have a PC on the same network, can you open a browser, and type that link in ?  You should get a page where you can ENTER a new server on your box. 

Give it a name (whatever you want - example Debug_test)..  The select the server type, use the dropdown and select "XC API Login".  Then enter the server URL, username and password and save the server.  Now if you go to XC API Login on the server screen of your buzz box, you should be able to see the new entry you created.  Go down and select it and press OK to try to load it.

Feel free to use the URL and credentials for the other server I sent you yesterday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

Can you try creating server using a web browser on your PC ?

When you go into the server screen on the buzz box, on the top right under the ServerID it will give you a link like "http://192.168.x.x:8090"

If you have a PC on the same network, can you open a browser, and type that link in ?  You should get a page where you can ENTER a new server on your box. 

Give it a name (whatever you want - example Debug_test)..  The select the server type, use the dropdown and select "XC API Login".  Then enter the server URL, username and password and save the server.  Now if you go to XC API Login on the server screen of your buzz box, you should be able to see the new entry you created.  Go down and select it and press OK to try to load it.

Feel free to use the URL and credentials for the other server I sent you yesterday.

That worked!!! It loaded in seconds. I have Live TV again! I didn't notice your PM yesterday (new here). Thank you very much! Does this mean my issue is with my provider? I wonder why Tuesday's system update triggered this issue.

1 hour ago, BuzzCut said:

That worked!!! It loaded in seconds. I have Live TV again! I didn't notice your PM yesterday (new here). Thank you very much! Does this mean my issue is with my provider? I wonder why Tuesday's system update triggered this issue.

I don't know exactly what triggered it, but it is strange.  I suspect something is happening when you are entering the info with the remote.  I know it is not obvious, but spaces slip in, The "0" digits as capital "O", a number "1" as lowercase "l", combined with the potential of a extra space after a "." automatically inserted by the google virtual keyboard, or automatic capitalization after a period, etc..  it can be anything.  I've done it many times and I stare at it for a while and it still looks good 🙂    95% of the time now, I use the web page option, since it is easier to cut&paste from an email, and that way less chance for error, and it is quicker to setup a bunch of different ones (if you have more than one service).

Anyhow, just glad you are back up an running.   Enjoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I don't know exactly what triggered it, but it is strange.  I suspect something is happening when you are entering the info with the remote.  I know it is not obvious, but spaces slip in, The "0" digits as capital "O", a number "1" as lowercase "l", combined with the potential of a extra space after a "." automatically inserted by the google virtual keyboard, or automatic capitalization after a period, etc..  it can be anything.  I've done it many times and I stare at it for a while and it still looks good 🙂    95% of the time now, I use the web page option, since it is easier to cut&paste from an email, and that way less chance for error, and it is quicker to setup a bunch of different ones (if you have more than one service).

Anyhow, just glad you are back up an running.   Enjoy.

I'm running on the url you provided. I'll now add a server from my PC with my account info. Fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, BuzzCut said:

I'm running on the url you provided. I'll now add a server from my PC with my account info. Fingers crossed.

I've entered my provider's url, password, etc. It doesn't work. I'll call them now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Polaybuzz said:

Does anyone know what these new options means on new V919 Buzz TV 5 software?

EPG Source: XML EPG vs Server EPG

What's the best settings? I am using XC login.

PXL_20240226_161113341.jpg

xml epg is what you should be using?

otherwise it will continually try grabbing epg

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:50 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

New Update
Buzz 5 V5.0.919

Feb 13th, 2024

Sent to All Buzz 5 Users running V5.0.906

Changes:

- Fixed Crashes.
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Fixed some TMDB Bugs on VOD + TV Series
- Fixed some crashes in many menus (VOD, search, PVR)
- Fixed Timeshift playback bugs on some streams
- Fixed missing movie images on some servers. 
- Fixed wrong category and channel positions in their lists when the positions were updated on server
- Fixed a Crash in VOD when opening categories.
- Updated Android Libraries to Improve app performance
- Fixed a bug with PVR and HLS Streams and it would not record anything
- Fixed a bug when categories you moved manually reset after a box reboot.
- Fixed a bug with Recently Watched on TV Series 

I have a U5. All recordings start but stop immediately. 00.00:00 is the recorded time. I check for updates and the unit tells me it has the latest update from Aug 2023. Why will it not find this update that is supposed to correct the recording issue???

16 minutes ago, Jean Couture said:

I have a U5. All recordings start but stop immediately. 00.00:00 is the recorded time. I check for updates and the unit tells me it has the latest update from Aug 2023. Why will it not find this update that is supposed to correct the recording issue???

menu/settings/check updates

10 minutes ago, Jean Couture said:

Latest update from August means nothing.  From your Updates screen, can you post your firmware version (V2023xxyy), and software version 5.0.xxx please.

Also, does your IPTV service use MAC or XC API login ?  Does your service allow more than 1 simultaneous connection ?

Under PVR options, have you configured your recording and download destinations ?

15 hours ago, Emporium said:

Latest update from August means nothing.  From your Updates screen, can you post your firmware version (V2023xxyy), and software version 5.0.xxx please.

Also, does your IPTV service use MAC or XC API login ?  Does your service allow more than 1 simultaneous connection ?

Under PVR options, have you configured your recording and download destinations ?

I Have V20230815 and software V5.0.919 so I am up to date. My bad I had not realized that software and firmware were separate on the U5.  I use XC API and I do have 2 connections. Yes all that has been configured correctly.

Is this for Scheduled recordings, or recording started manually (hitting record button) while watching a LiveTV channel ?   Have you tried both ?

To schedule a recording, the easiest is to go to the GUIDE view (ie: EPG) and then go forward a bit and select a show, and it will ask you if you want to create a reminder, or schedule a record. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, me and some friends having buzztv boxes are having issues with Diablo Pro. Anyone having this problem? Error is "Unable to load portal: invalid answer". We have to uninstall the 5.0.919 update to be able to watch tv again.