New Update
Buzz 5 V5.0.919

Feb 13th, 2024

Sent to All Buzz 5 Users running V5.0.906

Changes:

- Fixed Crashes.
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Fixed some TMDB Bugs on VOD + TV Series
- Fixed some crashes in many menus (VOD, search, PVR)
- Fixed Timeshift playback bugs on some streams
- Fixed missing movie images on some servers. 
- Fixed wrong category and channel positions in their lists when the positions were updated on server
- Fixed a Crash in VOD when opening categories.
- Updated Android Libraries to Improve app performance
- Fixed a bug with PVR and HLS Streams and it would not record anything
- Fixed a bug when categories you moved manually reset after a box reboot.
- Fixed a bug with Recently Watched on TV Series 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi may I ask the are you thinking of adding all the standard APPs like BBC iplayer , channel 4 , itvx player , channel 5 player and many more as some are not able to add as there not supported , so don't to keep jumping around and just use Buzz TV 5 thought that was the idea 👍

• Confused 2

Also keep in mind that on the 5 series devices (AndroidTV 11), they are on an AndroidTV platform.  Do not confuse it with a standard Android platform as in a phone and tablet.   Many app devs create their apps for generic Android, and therefore their apps, even if can be sideloaded, will not work well on Android TV, since the dev has created the UI and assumes use of a touch screen and not a remote.  This is a developers issue, not a buzz box issue.

It's up to the developers to create an AndroidTV version of their app.  One good example is the Windscribe VPN client.  You can install the Android version on any buzz box.  It'll work, but it is cruel to try to use it with a remote, and you will need to often use the "mouse cursor" option on the remote.  BUT, if you install the AndroidTV version (which they have - and listed on their site for devices like an nvidia shield), then that version is quite well done, and optimized for use on an AndroidTV platform with a remote. 

So if the dev has only created their android app with phones and tablets in consideration, then you need to keep your expectations in check when you try to use them on an AndroidTV platform.  Don't blame buzz for app developer's oversight.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paddy48 said:

Hi may I ask the are you thinking of adding all the standard APPs like BBC iplayer , channel 4 , itvx player , channel 5 player and many more as some are not able to add as there not supported , so don't to keep jumping around and just use Buzz TV 5 thought that was the idea 👍

If you mean pre install the apps into a Firmware update

No we have no plans to do that. A lot of those can be easily found in the Playstore already. 

We try to limit pre installed apps as they just add to the size of a Firmware and also bloat ware for the users that don't use them at all. 

• Like 5

Ahh ok well can I ask a massive favor can ypu put BBC IPLAYER on the buzz box because on playstore its saying its not compatible and I think channel 4 is as well please,  or put places that we can downloaded onto buzz box , and when will we be able record on the box I see the button but it doesn't work ?

2 minutes ago, Paddy48 said:

Ahh ok well can I ask a massive favor can ypu put BBC IPLAYER on the buzz box because on playstore its saying its not compatible and I think channel 4 is as well please,  or put places that we can downloaded onto buzz box , and when will we be able record on the box I see the button but it doesn't work ?

this thread is about software not firmware

buzztv 5 has nothing to do with other apps

7 hours ago, Paddy48 said:

Are you recording on the Buzz app?

Because that is the only place it works. It won't record other apps content. 

• Like 3

Hi, I'm new here and not tech-savvy. I have an Essentials E2 SE (purchased 11/05/23) and the Feb 13 update crashed my box. I ended up with a blank screen with the option to "try again" or "factory data reset". I tried again several times then opted for the factory reset. Since then I've been unable to load my service provider's portal (UltraStream). It fails to connect. I was on the phone with Ultrastream all day yesterday but my box simply will no longer load. Any help is much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, BuzzCut said:

Hi, I'm new here and not tech-savvy. I have an Essentials E2 SE (purchased 11/05/23) and the Feb 13 update crashed my box. I ended up with a blank screen with the option to "try again" or "factory data reset". I tried again several times then opted for the factory reset. Since then I've been unable to load my service provider's portal (...). It fails to connect. I was on the phone with ... all day yesterday but my box simply will no longer load. Any help is much appreciated. 

OK.. First... No discussions about specific services on these forums.

Secondly, after the factory reset and all, I assume your box took the update ?   Does the box boot properly and get to the home page as expected ?

If you were using a MAC based type of sub (ie: based on MAC of your box and a portal URL [no username/password]), you "may" need to ask your provider to do a "Device reset" on your account in their panel.  That should have been the first thing they did, but sometimes they are too s.......

And finally, next time, don't hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

OK.. First... No discussions about specific services on these forums.

Secondly, after the factory reset and all, I assume your box took the update ?   Does the box boot properly and get to the home page as expected ?

If you were using a MAC based type of sub (ie: based on MAC of your box and a portal URL [no username/password]), you "may" need to ask your provider to do a "Device reset" on your account in their panel.  That should have been the first thing they did, but sometimes they are too s.......

And finally, next time, don't hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own.

Thank you, I do appreciate your reply. I joined the forum by posting after which I was directed to register, received a confirmation email. etc. I didn't notice the forum rules as part of that process but am now aware and will definitely respect them. I used to run a forum so I get it. I may be a newbie here but I'm 80 years old and have been around the block a few times. Lol. I didn't think I was hijacking this thread as my issue is directly related to the Feb 13 update at which time my box stopped providing Live TV. YouTube, Disney and other apps work normally. Yes, after the factory reset the box took the update. The home page is normal. My provider uses a XC API login. I called the BuxxTV 1-866 number ten times today for tech support and left messages but nada. I've ordered a new box from Amazon as I'm clearly grasping at straws in the metaverse.

IMG_3385.jpg

Is that the screen you still get when you try to connect ?  

Have you tried a HARD Factory reset using the PIN method ?

At the current state, I think you should try it.  Here a link to hard resetting a 4500, but the procedure is the same for the majority of the boxes.

https://stbtalk.com/topic/300-factory-reset-hard-reset-xr4500-xrs4500/

When you go into the "server settings", have you tried creating a NEW server entry with your provider portal URL and credentials ?  What exactly is the message you get when you try to create a new one and connect with that ?

Edited by Emporium

3 minutes ago, dishuser said:

when you got that screen what happened after you selected factory data reset?

It reset with the update and appeared normal but since then I've been unable to load/connect to my tv provider's portal. As I mentioned I spent all day yesterday with my provider trying various approaches from their end but they can't figure it out and think it is a Buzz issue.

Just now, BuzzCut said:

It reset with the update and appeared normal but since then I've been unable to load/connect to my tv provider's portal. As I mentioned I spent all day yesterday with my provider trying various approaches from their end but they can't figure it out and think it is a Buzz issue.

ask them if they have any alternate portal url's

1 minute ago, nbs. said:

Have one of us try your info to see if it works on one of our buzz units

No harm in trying 

Pm me ,Emporium or dishuser

I just sent him a short trial for another service to test 🙂   And at the same time I pointed out that android boxes sometimes add a space automatically after a "," when you are typing in the URL using the remote.  You need to go back and delete the space.  I typically use the very appreciated web server option since I find it easier to use my PC to enter new servers (especially when using cut&paste).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I just sent him a short trial for another service to test 🙂   And at the same time I pointed out that android boxes sometimes add a space automatically after a "," when you are typing in the URL using the remote.  You need to go back and delete the space.  I typically use the very appreciated web server option since I find it easier to use my PC to enter new servers (especially when using cut&paste).

I'll try your suggested test in the morning and let you know. Much appreciated. I checked and there is no space around the "."

15 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Have one of us try your info to see if it works on one of our buzz units

No harm in trying 

Pm me ,Emporium or dishuser

My provider did that yesterday on his Buzz box and yes, everything worked normally. 

• Like 3