PLEASE NOTE IT WILL TAKE UP TO 20 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL + REBOOT

V20230328
Firmware Changes:

- Added CEC Onetouch Play to HDMI CEC Settings
- Added CEC Auto Power OFF
- Power Management Fixes
- Various stability improvements
- Fixed Audio Passthrough
- Added Network sharing option which makes your internal device storage visible to other devices and computers on your home network which can be disabled in Buzz Utilities
- Updated Disney+ and Netflix Apps to newer versions
- Added WPA3 Support for Wifi
- Fixed and Updated Wifi Drivers
- Fixed External USB + Internal HDs from Safely Ejecting

Version 5.0.799 BUZZ 5 APP Changes:

- Fixed a bug with Scheduled PVR for Multi-Day PVR which start before midnight and end after 
- Fixed a few issues in catch up and vod server API
- Fixed a Catch-Up Bug.
- Fixed + Optimized Background Recording
- Fixed a bug when recording certain codecs on Live TV
- Fixed a bug with TV Seasons missing from TV Series
- Fixed a bug with Start Live TV on Boot not working from Classic or Media Player 1 & 2 Launchers
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Fixed a crash bug when changing categories/channels
- Fixed a bug on MAC Servers getting stuck on loading channel list.
- Fixed some XC Login API bugs.
- Fixed a bug with Date/Time on Modern Home Screen
- Fixed multiple non-fatal and fatal bugs
- Fixed a rare bug which could cause the app crash if you try to launch any external app from launcher and the app can't be started because of Android bugs
- Fixed a bug with servers that have 5 Digit Channel Numbers
- Added support for up to 99,999 channels
- Fixed a bug when hiding All Categories and not being able to get any categories back
- Added more Aspect Ratio Options to Subtitles and Options Menu (Green Button)
- Fixed Auto Shut Off Feature
- Fixed status bar on Downloads
- Fixed XC Login not playing some streams
- Fixed Catch-Up on XC Login for HLS Stream Type
- Fixed Red Button to View Categories in VOD + TV Series
- Fixed Missing TV Seasons on some Servers
- Renamed Loading animation on TV Series

Please leave Feedback Below

• Like 1

Having freezing issues now, I did discover the resolution was switched during the upgrade to 1080p. I discovered that setting the screen resolution to 1080i stopped 99% of the freezing issues, I set it back. So far after a half hour it appears to have fixed the issue. Then the remote, I have to now get up and get within a few feet of the U5 box to get it to work. When I press the up or down arrow to scroll through menus it takes off, and keeps scrolling like it has a mind of its own until I get even closer to the box and press the center enter button. The batteries are at 86% and I am using Energizers. And yes, I went and paired the remote again, and then again. There are no BT devices between my sitting position and the U5 box. Very annoying. 

7 hours ago, Michael Wright said:

Having freezing issues now, I did discover the resolution was switched during the upgrade to 1080p. I discovered that setting the screen resolution to 1080i stopped 99% of the freezing issues, I set it back. So far after a half hour it appears to have fixed the issue. Then the remote, I have to now get up and get within a few feet of the U5 box to get it to work. When I press the up or down arrow to scroll through menus it takes off, and keeps scrolling like it has a mind of its own until I get even closer to the box and press the center enter button. The batteries are at 86% and I am using Energizers. And yes, I went and paired the remote again, and then again. There are no BT devices between my sitting position and the U5 box. Very annoying. 

You can try factory resetting the remote

Hold down the 0 + Down button on the remote for 5 seconds. It will blink to confirm its been reset. 

It will work as an IR remote after doing this. You can re pair the remote from the Buzz Smart Remote App

I think it might have just been a bad connection between the remote and the box. 

• Like 1

BT-400 remote no longer works via BT, I have to be within a few feet of the box to get it to work, roughly two to three feet. I reset the remote by pressing the "zero" and "down" button. I went to the Home Screen to pair, and discovered the buttons for both the Buzz remote pairing and the Buzz OTA no longer work. I click on them, the screen fades to blue, and right back to the Home Screen. When I went to settings, to the remote settings, I can no longer control back lighting, it is faded out. I cannot access any BT-400 remote settings. 

Then the freezing, now it is every half hour, I had it virtually eliminated prior to the upgrade. Looks like another hard reset is in my future. The juice is getting to the point it is no longer worth the squeeze. 

Thaaank you for releasing this update. Much appreciated.

I was wondering if its a good time to ask IF its all possible to add to the feature

"Added Network sharing option which makes your internal device storage visible to other devices and computers on your home network which can be disabled in Buzz Utilities" 

Can we have same option working but for ANY USB drives and not just internal connected to the unit. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 🙂 

4 minutes ago, DantesAID said:

Thaaank you for releasing this update. Much appreciated.

I was wondering if its a good time to ask IF its all possible to add to the feature

"Added Network sharing option which makes your internal device storage visible to other devices and computers on your home network which can be disabled in Buzz Utilities" 

Can we have same option working but for ANY USB drives and not just internal connected to the unit. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 🙂 

the usb can be removed and viewed

or set it up as device storage and it should show

Edited by dishuser

Loaded up the update, lost remote control function, did a factory rest, remote now work. But, all I get now is the "Time Shift Error: Stream not available". It just flashes over and over. I have rest the server several times, double triple check EPG loads no issues, everything is there, now no stream at all, and it was working fine prior to doing the hard rest to fix the BT-400 issues. GRRRR! I tried YouTube, works fine. TX switched on, external hard drive attached and recognized. Now, black screen with time shift error flashing. Any suggestions? I have tried everything I can think of, including erasing Cache and resetting the PG numerous times, along with shutting the U5 down by pulling the plug. Even on the Home Screen, non stop flashing time shift error, stream no available, on the Home Screen? Go to EPG, VOD, nothing loads. 

Edited by Michael Wright

8 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

Can you make it so we can hide channels in our groups that we don't want.

FYI: In upcoming firmware you will be able to create multiple "favorites" groups, name them whatever you want, and therefore you will not be limited to a single favorites group.  It's actually a very nice feature. with multiple people using the box, you can each have your own favorites groups 🙂  Or, just use it to organize your favorites in multiple categories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redhusker24 said:

I love that but there's a bunch of blank channels and channels that are useless so since you can do it with groups and rearrange the groups why not the channels.

get a better service

I've never used one that had a blank channel let alone a bunch

• Like 1