adding m3u list

steelerzz

Hey Guys, need your help in adding m3u playlist server to my Buzz 4500 using buzz5 application.

I'm trying to use an m3u file playlist i have created and stored on my device, When I go to add  an m3u playlist server, I see the option for "Choose File" just underneath the XML EPG URL (optional) line, but I am not able to select it in order to map  the  file location on my box, 

please help

thanks 

I just tried it on my 4500.

When you go into server settings, Scroll right to M3U, then down to "add M3U playlist", and press OK.

On the next screen the cursor will come up and will be at the end of the "portal name".  You will notice that the "line" that is under the Portal name is highlighted.  For now, let's say we ignore the portal name and leave the default.  You can press "back" on the remote to get rid of the popup keyboard. Then if on the DPAD you press down, you will see the line under the "M3U Playlist URL" which gets highlighted.  One more down, then the line under "xml epg url (optional) get's highlighted.   Then ONE final time and you should see the line under the "choose file/No file selected" should get highlighted.  When the line under "No file selected" is highlighted, if you press OK, it should bring up a file browser to allow you to browse your local file system to select a file.

Keep in mind that this fills in the M3U playlist location with "file:///your/file/syetm/...".  The xml is not filled in obviously.

How far do you get ? 

PS: This above description is when using the "BuzzTV modern" theme.  I have not tried it with others.  

EDIT: I just checked and the theme makes no difference, since it launched the same app with same look and feel for server settings.

For personal playlists, I found it easier to just create an account on pastebin (dot) com and create my playlists there.  Then use the "raw" link to get the link to the raw m3u file.   I have also put many on my google drive on many occasions.   And to make it easier to remember (for more permanent playlists), I will use bit (dot) ly, or tinyurl (dot) com to create a nice, more intuitive shortcut pointing to it.  This way, I can easily use them from any device without copying it over all the time.  And I can even share with family and friends if needed.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

thanks for getting back to me nd trying to help with this, have followed all the steps as you instructed, only when I get to the step to the line under "No file selected" is highlighted, and press OK,

instead of bringing up a file browser to locate my file, it just momemtarily goes black and then returns to the Server Settings, with the "MAC SERVER" option higlighhted. How can I fix this in order to get to the File location screen so I can choose my file. Thnaks again.

1 hour ago, steelerzz said:

firmware is  V20230202

BuzzTV version os 5.0.810

Guess you are on the advanced beta list to get that version. 

5.0.810 ?  And such recent firmware ? I am pretty sure the last "public" version for Android 9 boxes was V5.0.796 which was sent out about a month ago.  See link below.

OK, I don't use my 4500 much (compared to my other boxes), so it was not at the latest firmware.  It was at V20220106 with v5.0.796.   Just updated it, and it went to V20220919 but still with v5.0.796.  And I checked again and it still works with that combination.

Did you try clearing the Buzztv5 cache ?

Now, if you are on some advance beta release, that is a different story.  Then you should probably wait for a reply from @allaboutbuzz

Maybe this was some minor regression from the public 5.0.796 release and your 5.0.810 release (or in firmware).

• Like 1