XRS4500 now tells me "Media format not supported"

• 3 months later...

Guess we know who we won't bother to try to help. Even though it is probably one simple setting that is wrong.  What a first post.

If it is freezing and rebooting, did you ever contact buzz cs to see if it was just possibly just one bad box ?  Their CS would have have surely offered to fix or replace it considering it was, and still is, within warranty period.  A bad box can happen no matter what you buy.  But where a company shines is how they stand behind their products.

We identified an issue with one particular service and the "catch-up" feature on Sunday afternoon.  Dev was advised of the issue and how to replicate it, and the fix was released earlier today.  Not many company gives you such a quick turnaround for fixes.  They listen to their user base, and try to prioritize critical issues.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, viduka said:

Hi, can I resurect this thread, Im now having the same issue when I do a recording "media format not supported" when I try & playback.

Any advice gratefully recd, thanks in advance. Box 4500, running lastest updates.

posting latest updates is useless

what are the firmware/software versions?

what video player are you using?

what stream format?

post anything that can help you get help

• Like 2

Right, to hopefully put this to bed.

For some reason my 4500 had not shown any firmware update reqd, thanks To allaboutbuzz for sorting that for me. He was however, unsure whether it had anything to do with, or would solve my problem.

Anyway, I have done the firmware update & played around with the stream formats & it appears the recordings are playing back at the moment after moving the format from auto to TS.

Fingers crossed, that's the end of it.

Thanks for everyones help & should anyone else have the same issue, hopefully this will help.

• Like 1