Buffering after update

LINDA B

I did a factory reset on mine after an update and now I've got tons of freezing which I didn't have before. I had almost 0 freezing and it was working great now it's driving me crazy. I have a designated vpn router that didn't change the signal is excellent but the speed is next to nothing thus the fact that it buffers.  Is there a way I can revert it to before the update? I've set it to 0 buffering in the settings. I did a speed test and it sucks

1 hour ago, LINDA B said:

I did a factory reset on mine after an update and now I've got tons of freezing which I didn't have before. I had almost 0 freezing and it was working great now it's driving me crazy. I have a designated vpn router that didn't change the signal is excellent but the speed is next to nothing thus the fact that it buffers.  Is there a way I can revert it to before the update? I've set it to 0 buffering in the settings. I did a speed test and it sucks

Which Model # + Firmware Version # are you using?

Using WiFi or Ethernet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

If you are using the Timeshift option (under PVR options), try disabling it.  

I did have an issue with buffering not long ago, but changed media and seems to be fine now.  But when I had the issue, Turing off Timeshift would no longer buffer.

I had that issue on 4900 when I was connected on USB 2.0 but when I switched to Usb 3.0 never got that issue again. 🙂

42 minutes ago, dishuser said:

they have the x5

My experience with the buffering with TS on, was with the X5.  

However, this was with a previous firmware version, and with a USB key which may have been problematic, so there are  few different variable.

However, It is a simple test (to disable it - if enabled - and see if it is any better).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Wow this has been a while sorry for not giving back any feedback. I connected my vpn router directly on it 

and removed the antennas.  I had to do some wiring in the house but the speed now is incredible I have over

200mps 0 buffering.  If these thing can be connected directly the speed is amazing and 0 buffering

• Thanks 1