X5 constantly cycles thru boot

sunnyc

I am a new user to this device.  So far, I love the device.  I have one annoying problem.  Every now and then when I disconnect and connect power the device constantly cycles thru boot.  Home screen will appear for a fraction of time and will boot. LED will go blue to red and keep cyclces.  

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting power, sometime it helps.  I am running the latest firmware dated 14th July.

I have the X5 128 that worked perfectly from June 2022 til now. It works for awhile and then it start to reboot. I have disconnected and reconnected and it works for awhile and then starts rebooting.  Any help/support ax to what to do is appreciated.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, 3Sam said:

I have the X5 128 that worked perfectly from June 2022 til now. It works for awhile and then it start to reboot. I have disconnected and reconnected and it works for awhile and then starts rebooting.  Any help/support ax to what to do is appreciated.

Thanks

https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/topic/3138-x5-constantly-cycles-thru-boot/&do=findComment&comment=13488

• Like 1

Follow the video(shows for a different device, but identical for X5) in this post which shows how to do hard reset (using the AV input).  One thing to keep in mind is, you have to feel the reset before you reinsert the power.  

I followed the video - Pressed the reset with toothpick and then reinserted the power and waited for reset to occur.  Today I noticed that even with the power off for tv and x5 that the red light comes on  and turns off forb awhile. then later it repeats that action again.