Bugs and known Workarounds

sts41

8 hours ago, sts41 said:

No, I did not go back to provider since It worked on P6 and my old Buzz 5.... Am I assuming correct that rest = reset? I will explain the situation to them, maybe they can also come up with a way I can jump back and forth.

Ok... So my provider did confirm they need to reset connection each time I want to switch between Buzztv 5 and 6. With all the workarounds in play.... I will stick with Buzztv 6 for now.

10 minutes ago, sts41 said:

Ok... So my provider did confirm they need to reset connection each time I want to switch between Buzztv 5 and 6. With all the workarounds in play.... I will stick with Buzztv 6 for now.

Great. See if they have an option to use a username/password instead of a Mac. If yes, then you don't have to reset evertime when you switch devices or apps.

Edited by Ryu

I can't seam to get Bluetooth to work with audio on my P6. It connects and pairs but sound still goes through the TV and not the Bluetooth speakers. Tried a lot of settings to no avail. It should basically work automatically once connected and paired. 

II can't seam to get Bluetooth to work with audio on my P6. It connects and pairs but sound still goes through the TV and not the Bluetooth speakers. Tried a lot of settings to no avail. It should basically work automatically once connected and paired. 

After 2 very frustrating days with live stream giving channel stream error/freezing every 2-3 minutes on Buzz6 live channel.  Doesn't matter what channel or server. But it doesn't happen with VOD or TV series. Buzz 5 is working without a hiccup. Doesn't make any difference if Ethernet or WiFi. Installed ADIA64 thermal is 44*c. Developer option enabled. Can't find any settings that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, Donna Jones said:

After 2 very frustrating days with live stream giving channel stream error/freezing every 2-3 minutes on Buzz6 live channel.  Doesn't matter what channel or server. But it doesn't happen with VOD or TV series. Buzz 5 is working without a hiccup. Doesn't make any difference if Ethernet or WiFi. Installed ADIA64 thermal is 44*c. Developer option enabled. Can't find any settings that makes a difference.

There will be an update shortly which fixes most server issues 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kyzursozay2 said:

VOD on Buzz 6 doesn't work after new update. Have to back out to Buzz 5 for Movies on VOD.

Should probably PM allaboutbuzz with your provider info (please do not post providers openly).  Works fine with w****.  Just started 2 different movies, no issues.

I know I posted it somewhere else, but I'll post it here to consolidate the bugs.

--ADULT CHANNEL PIN

If you go to the adult channel section and select a channel, it will prompt for the "pin".

However if you go through "ALL Channels" category instead, and then select an adult channel, it bypasses the PIN request.  This was an issues ages ago on BuzzTV 5, but was corrected.  Guess similar fix needs to be added to buzztv 6 eventually.

-- APPS tab refresh after installing a new app

Also I noticed that if you go to "apps" tab, bring up some file explorer (I use solid explorer) then install some app, and exit from file explorer, the app screen is not refreshed to show the newly installed app.  You need to switch from the app tab and come back, for it to refresh and include the newly installed app.

• Like 1

Emporium I'm using same provider as you. On Buzz 6 when watching live TV I press menu; VOD screen empty "No movies found" If I back out ; press menu; TV Series works fine. So I'm just staying with Buzz 5 until it gets updated again. Also US Fox news on Buzz 6 is doing weird repeating without freezing or skipping. But not Buzz 5...

For VOD screen empty, just as a test, try creating a new server entry (all it "backup" or whatever), and see if using a new entry works better.  I have no issue with it, tested it a few times, and even started a few movies, just in case.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2024 at 9:19 PM, kyzursozay2 said:

Emporium does the back button work on Buzz 5 on your P6.......mine only works for Buzz 6

Sorry for the late reply, but I assume you mean the "Last channel" button ?  If so, then as DU already mentioned, NO.  The back button, works fine to back out of menus, and long press to "exit" buzztv5.

However here to report 4 additional bugs I noticed on BuzzTV 6.

BUG 1:  Involved last channel in a list and using CH+/CH-

When you are on a category, and you use the CH+ and CH- buttons to channel surf, it seems to work well, except when you get to the bottom of the channel list.  When you get to the second to last channel, it works.  But then when you press CH+, it does NOT show the last channel in the list.  But you press it a second time, and it goes to the TOP of the list.  Now if you press CH-, it seems to do nothing.. Press it a second time, and it jumps to the second to last channel.  So using CH+/CH- buttons for channel surfing you can not seem to get the LAST channel in the category to play.  Seem like internally the pointer is pointing to that channel, but it does not seem to complete the "switching" routine to properly select and play it. 

BUG 2: Involves locked channels and the back button (not the last channel button)

When you tune into a locked channel (either locked by default due to adult category or other, or locked manually by user), if you press the "back" button, it acts like the "last channel" button and changes channel back to the last non-locked channels.  In BuzzTV 5, the pressing the back button on a locked channel behaves like any other channel (it cycles between channel list, full screen with info bar, and full screen no info bar).

BUG 3:  Involved the manually locked channel category.

If you lock a few channels manually, and then go to the "Locked" category, and select channels from the locked category, the "last channel" button has no effect (it's as if it is disabled).  Does not even take you back to the last unlocked channel.

BUG 4: Locked channel from the "All channels" category

Pretty sure I mentioned this a while back, but you can access locked channels (like ADULT category) by going to "all channels" category and scrolling to them and selecting them that way.  No password prompt presented.  Entering the channel number also bypasses it.  This happens ONLY for the default locked categories, NOT manually locked channels.  It you select those, yo do get a prompt.

Feature request 1: 

Can we get the PADLOCK 🔒 symbol preceding the category name for locked categories in the channel list and the "organize favorites" list ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Emporium said:

Sorry for the late reply, but I assume you mean the "Last channel" button ?  If so, then as DU already mentioned, NO.  The back button, works fine to back out of menus, and long press to "exit" buzztv5.

However here to report 4 additional bugs I noticed on BuzzTV 6.

BUG 1:  Involved last channel in a list and using CH+/CH-

When you are on a category, and you use the CH+ and CH- buttons to channel surf, it seems to work well, except when you get to the bottom of the channel list.  When you get to the second to last channel, it works.  But then when you press CH+, it does NOT show the last channel in the list.  But you press it a second time, and it goes to the TOP of the list.  Now if you press CH-, it seems to do nothing.. Press it a second time, and it jumps to the second to last channel.  So using CH+/CH- buttons for channel surfing you can not seem to get the LAST channel in the category to play.  Seem like internally the pointer is pointing to that channel, but it does not seem to complete the "switching" routine to properly select and play it. 

BUG 2: Involves locked channels and the back button (not the last channel button)

When you tune into a locked channel (either locked by default due to adult category or other, or locked manually by user), if you press the "back" button, it acts like the "last channel" button and changes channel back to the last non-locked channels.  In BuzzTV 5, the pressing the back button on a locked channel behaves like any other channel (it cycles between channel list, full screen with info bar, and full screen no info bar).

BUG 3:  Involved the manually locked channel category.

If you lock a few channels manually, and then go to the "Locked" category, and select channels from the locked category, the "last channel" button has no effect (it's as if it is disabled).  Does not even take you back to the last unlocked channel.

BUG 4: Locked channel from the "All channels" category

Pretty sure I mentioned this a while back, but you can access locked channels (like ADULT category) by going to "all channels" category and scrolling to them and selecting them that way.  No password prompt presented.  Entering the channel number also bypasses it.  This happens ONLY for the default locked categories, NOT manually locked channels.  It you select those, yo do get a prompt.

Feature request 1: 

Can we get the PADLOCK 🔒 symbol preceding the category name for locked categories in the channel list and the "organize favorites" list ?

Thanks for the detailed feedback, everything has been documented and reported to the team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1