XRS4500: VOD SEARCH is not working

Hello,

So I had seen a similar issue in the past when using the SEARCH feature under VOD. But then the issue was the & and other such characters in the movie name. 

But yesterday I was unable to list AIR FORCE ONE.  Search returned the movie in other languages. I reached out to my supplier and he sent me a screenshot he can find the movie ( i believe he was using a different player)

Anyone know of anything like this?  Is there a software update or something. I recall checking last week my firmware was up to date.

Help!

Thanks

use XRS4500 Version 9. Build V20220106.20220106 Kernel:4.9.113

I just hit CLEAR CACHE and restarted Buzz with same results. ( I didnt clear cache in past as I restarted Buzz several times hoping that would clear its cache)

BuzzTV version ?   From LiveTV, just hit Menu, and it should be at the bottom (5.0.xxx).

If you just search for "FORCE", I know you will get a huge list, but is it in that list if you scroll down ?

Any idea if this is a bug @Emporium?

My supplier is able to see AIR FORCE ONE in his search ( he doesn't use Buzz). I can only see it come in few languages and not English.

I have seen search issues in the past, but just ignored them assuming its not a famous title but there seems to be a problem with the VOD search.

3 hours ago, Hhh said:

Any idea if this is a bug @Emporium?

My supplier is able to see AIR FORCE ONE in his search ( he doesn't use Buzz). I can only see it come in few languages and not English.

I have seen search issues in the past, but just ignored them assuming its not a famous title but there seems to be a problem with the VOD search.

I already posted it works

Looks like it is working for you. But that doesnt help me.

It is not working at my end, hence the reason for this post: to get some assistance in troubleshooting the VOD search.

and we both might not even have the same providers, so that is not comparing apples to apples. I am trying to find ways to debug why my provider can see it in his non-Buzz search, and I cant find it in my Buzz VOD search.

Posted (edited)

Not everyone lists their guide info the same way so sometimes a show won't appear on one device but will show on another.

You would have to contact buzz with all your info and then they can look at it.

They are very busy right  now so a fix might be a while for minor bugs

Edited by nbs.

The problem here is very specific to a specific service.  Could be anything from "special characters" in the title descriptions which others ignore, but Buzz does not.  Could be the search mechanism that is used.  If you put multiple words in the search box, does it do an "AND" for all words, an "OR", convert to a REGEX, just a quoted string search, I have no clue ?  Also, seems like your provider (unlike most) has dozens of copies of each movie, in different resolutions, languages, etc...  Could be that there is some limit that is being hit on the total number of VOD listings.  Or it could be something completely different 🙂

Honestly, the only way to really figure it out, as already mentioned, is to provide the provider info, login type used (MAC/XC/M3U) and an example of search/fail to Buzz and hope they can get access and see if they can reproduce.  If they can reproduce it, then they can probably create a fix for it.  But like nbs mentioned, don't expect a quick fix, since they are super busy with the new boxes right now.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I hear ya.  and Yes I did come here last year with a post on subtitles and I remember it was FAST AND FURIOUS but in that use case, it was the special character in play. I got around it by skipping the special character. (btw- how does one enter special characters in a VOD search keyboard? I dont see any option)

But in this case, there are no special characters, it returns about 10 titles, with AIR FORCE ONE (French), AIR FORCE ONE (German), etc but does not return just AIR FORCE ONE.  (does anyone know of a way to HIDE other languages in VOD SEARCHES? I am able to HIDE that in Categories)

Edited by Hhh

Unfortunately there is no way to hide the "languages" since they are just in the "title" in "()"   🙂   Guess if there was an option to hide VOD categories (and assuming your provider has each language under it's own category) and exclude hidden categories from a search that would be an option, but that would be a new feature.  Maybe something for Buzz to consider on BuzzTV 6 🙂

Posted (edited)

haha, yeah.  For the most part the search works, until I wanted to show my daughter the classic AIR FORCE ONE and I could not find the title!

Unfortunately shortening the words in my search gives 100s of results as all 3 words are common

Edited by Hhh

On 5/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, Hhh said:

haha, yeah.  For the most part the search works, until I wanted to show my daughter the classic AIR FORCE ONE and I could not find the title!

Unfortunately shortening the words in my search gives 100s of results as all 3 words are common

We will add more characters to the Search Keyboard on our next update
Plus the Cyrillic keyboard, as this was requested by some European customers

I think this should resolve your issue

Keyboard.PNG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

We will add more characters to the Search Keyboard on our next update
Plus the Cyrillic keyboard, as this was requested by some European customers

I think this should resolve your issue

Keyboard.PNG

Emporium pointed out an error 

2 *

We will replace one with :

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dishuser said:

I've never seen : or _ in a title 😉

The "_" you don't see much in titles. 

But the ":" is quite common in movies with sequels and franchises..  Just search for "Star Trek" or "Star wars" and you will see many of them have a ":" to separate the Franchise name, from the specific movie title.

• Like 1