Unknown Stream Error with Live Video and some VOD Movies

ppat86

For the last several weeks, my Buzz TV5 64 AI box displays "Unknown Stream Error" while playing Live TV at random and when I switch on the TV for the first time virtually every day. I cannot get any feed until I restart the Box. Additionally, there are also some VOD movies that don't play and display the same "unknown stream error" message but my other non-Buzz boxes have no such problems playing the same VOD movies. I have verified that my internet connection to the box is quite good when this issue happens.

I have the latest firmware installed (see pic). Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? 

IMG_3443.jpg

10 hours ago, dishuser said:

mac,xc api or m3u? 

My player currently is Mac. I tried to switch by using the same URL that I use for Mac with m3u and xc api (Menu > Settings > Server Settings) and both modes were unable to connect to my service portal. Any other suggestions?

BTW, just got the "Unknown Steam" error again with Live TV and had to restart the box. 

How can I find out the media player that is being used for Live TV?  When I click on Menu > Settings > Configuration > Live TV, I do not see any player listed. I only get t a choice of Primary or Backup  and no players are listed. See attached pic.

IMG_3447.jpg

LiveTV and VOD/TVseries can be set to different players depending on your service.  Both have Primary and Backup, and for VOD/TVSeries you can even select external.

For my Primary service the best combination that just works is Primary for LiveTV and Backup for VOD+TVSeries.  Obviously this can be different depending on your service.

What version of BuzzTV are you runnning ?  Either scroll down on the left of the screenshot you posted (and it should be at the bottom), or press menu while in live TV and it should be on the bottom left (should be 5.0.xxx).

Also I notice in your screenshot that you have enabled "Real Time Streaming" and "Tunneled playback".  They are NOT necessarily compatible with all IPTV services (especially tunneled playback).  There is even a comment about it at the bottom of the tunnelled playback help text that appears to the right of it when it you select it. Should maybe try to disable them and see if it helps.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:56 PM, ppat86 said:

How can I find out the media player that is being used for Live TV?  When I click on Menu > Settings > Configuration > Live TV, I do not see any player listed. I only get t a choice of Primary or Backup  and no players are listed. See attached pic.

IMG_3447.jpg

Real Time Streaming also should be disbaled. Unless you actually plan to use it. 

Read the description of it when highlighted. Most users have no use for it, but turn it on for some reason. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys. An update. I disabled the Tunneled Playback option as suggested earlier and have not had any "unknown stream" error since that change. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Can someone explain why Real Time Streaming should be disabled? It was enabled by default in my player. 

I am assuming that real-time streaming minimizes the lag, which is important when watching live events, especially sports. It can be frustrating sometimes when the online notifications on the PCs and mobile devices come in 20-30 seconds before you see the action on the box.