U5 HDMI-CEC issue -> can not reboot or shutdown the box

ismael

After launching Auto TV setup and configure the sound option you can not shutdown/reboot the box anymore with the power button of the remote. Because the power button of the remote shut down the TV and not the box (after launching the Auto TV setup, before all works fine). The HDMI-CEC from TV send the shutdown signal to the box.

To be able to shutdown/reboot the box, the power button of the remote should send the shutdown signal to the box and the box should send the HDMI-CEC shutdown signal to the TV.

Now I use the HDMI-CEC option on, without the Auto TV setup, all works fine, except I can not control the TV volume with the box remote. 

Is there an solution ? Or we should wait fix in next update ?

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

set your tv to about 60% volume

if you want to control both the tv and box volume  get a bt-200 or bt-250 remote

sorry, but I think it's not normal to need to buy additional remote for this

even with boxes at 50-60 bucks you have these feature, I will not post brands here

sorry I don't consider normal to buy additional remote on 200$ boxe, when 50-60$ box do the trick

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

And make sure the "FORCE MAX VOLUME" is turned off to ensure the box is using a variable volume output.

It's not the main issue. My main issue is to control the TV volume with Buzz remote and be able to shutdown/reboot the U5.

20 minutes ago, ismael said:

sorry, but I think it's not normal to need to buy additional remote for this

even with boxes at 50-60 bucks you have these feature, I will not post brands here

sorry I don't consider normal to buy additional remote on 200$ boxe, when 50-60$ box do the trick

then use your tv remote to control tv volume

I have never "programmed" my BT300/400 remotes for my X5 or U5.  I have paired the BT, so I can control the box.  I turn off all CEC (so no interaction between the TV and box). 

That way, the only thing I need to do is press one button on the TV to turn it on (the TV volume is always set at 65%), then sit on the couch with my Buzz Remote, turn on the box (with the buzz remote), and control everything with my BuzzTV remote (including volume).  And you can turn the box on/off at will with no issue.  Don't need to overthink it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I have never "programmed" my BT300/400 remotes for my X5 or U5.  I have paired the BT, so I can control the box.  I turn off all CEC (so no interaction between the TV and box). 

That way, the only thing I need to do is press one button on the TV to turn it on (the TV volume is always set at 65%), then sit on the couch with my Buzz Remote, turn on the box (with the buzz remote), and control everything with my BuzzTV remote (including volume).  And you can turn the box on/off at will with no issue.  Don't need to overthink it.

I will ask the question in another way.

Could you please explain me how to get the same menu like in picture with HDMI-CEC enabled AND Auto TV setup configured (with my TV brand) ?

20240301_211918.jpg

25 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Why I want to control volume on TV ? Because on some channels/movies with dolby sound the box does not allow you to control the volume ... 

So you need to have the play with two remotes ... Really someting from the last century

5 minutes ago, ismael said:

Why I want to control volume on TV ? Because on some channels/movies with dolby sound the box does not allow you to control the volume ... 

So you need to have the play with two remotes ... Really someting from the last century

how many volume up/down buttons does remote have?

on my bt-200/250 I have 2 sets

Just now, dishuser said:

The U5, comes with the BT300/400 remote, so only 1 set.

But the issue in my opinion is more this:

...Because on some channels/movies with dolby sound the box does not allow you to control the volume ... 

I like the BT200/250 remotes 🙂   2 sets of volume buttons.. and 2 power buttons.  One for the buzz box, and one (learn-able buttons) for your TV.

I hate all the CEC stuff, because it is hard to define what takes priority over what.  People want the power button to shut off the whole system, YET, they want to also be able to control things independently.

1 minute ago, dishuser said:

the BT-400 has only one set of +-volume

but the question it's not here even basic remotes with few buttons you can change volume up/down on the TV (because of some channels have sound which you can control with the box, and some channel have dolby sound which you can not control with the box, if you use external device who decode dolby)

It's only question of software implementation

and yes I am frustrated that a 200 euros box does not offer the same basic functionality as a 50 euros box, especially since these are software features

Maybe you can understand me maybe not, but I believe my opinion is justified

15 minutes ago, dishuser said:

my bt 400 controls the tv volume but not the box

I can reverse that so it controls box volume but not tv volume

Thank you for you answer, I know this and I make it works also.

My question is :

How to have restart/power off menu with HDMI-CEC enabled AND Auto TV setup configured (with my TV brand) ?

Because F brand have this feature, which is really good. And if they implemented this feature it's because it's very practical.

Again I don't critize buzztv box I only want the buzztv boxes have this good feature. Which is really useful.

I project to buy P6, U5 was only a test before P6. But this features should be implemented, because it is very useful and practical.

It's the details that make the difference

10 minutes ago, dishuser said:

my power button turns tv/box on or off at same time

sounds like you don't have cec configured properly

What I mean it's to have the menu Power off / Restart

Yes the power button puts the TV and the box in standby. So HDMI-CEC it's properly configured.

But if I want to unplug my box from power outlet, I should first Power off, not put the box in standby

But when HDMI-CEC is enabled AND Auto TV setup configured it's not possible to acces to the menu Power off / Restart. Only standby

When HDMI-CEC is enabled AND Auto TV setup NOT configured I have three choices for my box : Standby (with power button) and Power off / Restart with the menu

When HDMI-CEC is enabled AND Auto TV setup configured I have one choice for my box : Standby (with power button). Power off/Restart menu (long pressing power button does not display anymore Power off/Restar menu, puts everything in standby).

It would be really nice to have HDMI-CEC enabled AND Auto TV setup configured AND long pressing power button makes the Power off/Restart menu appears

20240301_211918.jpg

3 minutes ago, nbs. said:

If you hold power button down what options come up?

It puts the TV and the U5 in Standby (HDMI-CEC is enabled AND Auto TV setup configured). No more menu with Power off / Restard options

12 minutes ago, nbs. said:

When I hold power button down nothing happens until I select an option

the same here until I set up Auto TV setup (which allow me to control the volume +- of the TV, with the BT-400). When Auto TV setup is configured holding power button puts the box and the TV in standby without any menu choice

20240301_232548.jpg

11 minutes ago, dishuser said:

change powerkey option

it does not work, it puts the TV in standby mode and nothing happens to U5 box.

And even if it's works it's not a good option. Imagine, I reboot my box but my TV is in standby mode, and I should power up again my TV.

The mistake and the Auto TV setup is "will control Power" Auto TV setup should only control the Volume of TV not the power (standby). 

HDMI-CEC it's here to control the power off ot TV.

I am really the only one I see it's an non sense ? I don't think I am so stupid and crazy, because on all other boxes the equivalent of Auto TV setup does not control the Power of TV only volume.

20240301_234940.jpg

20240301_235030.jpg

50 minutes ago, ismael said:

It puts the TV and the U5 in Standby (HDMI-CEC is enabled AND Auto TV setup configured). No more menu with Power off / Restard options

This is because it changes the power button and vol buttons to IR to control the TV directly

Not the box. And since we only have one power button on the remote. That's how it works

We have a new remote coming out. The BT500. Which resolves both issues as it will have 2 Power buttons (TV + STB) and 2 Vol +/- buttons ( TV + STB) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ismael said:

it does not work, it puts the TV in standby mode and nothing happens to U5 box.

And even if it's works it's not a good option. Imagine, I reboot my box but my TV is in standby mode, and I should power up again my TV.

The mistake and the Auto TV setup is "will control Power" Auto TV setup should only control the Volume of TV not the power (standby). 

HDMI-CEC it's here to control the power off ot TV.

I am really the only one I see it's an non sense ? I don't think I am so stupid and crazy, because on all other boxes the equivalent of Auto TV setup does not control the Power of TV only volume.

20240301_234940.jpg

20240301_235030.jpg

We have been selling 3 models with the BT400 Remote and Smart Set feature now for 2 years

You're the first person to bring this up to be honest. We haven't had anyone else make comments about how the Power + Volume buttons work for Auto TV/Smart Set feature. And our remote is made by the same factory that makes for Google. 

Even Google Chromecast is setup this way. As I just tried it. 

• Like 2