U5 HDMI-CEC issue -> can not reboot or shutdown the box

ismael

13 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

We have been selling 3 models with the BT400 Remote and Smart Set feature now for 2 years

You're the first person to bring this up to be honest. We haven't had anyone else make comments about how the Power + Volume buttons work for Auto TV/Smart Set feature. And our remote is made by the same factory that makes for Google. 

Even Google Chromecast is setup this way. As I just tried it. 

I hope the BT500 will resolve this issue.

But honestly it doesn't make sense, for example, if I restart my desktop computer, I do not have to turn my screen off and on.  I restart my computer without turning my screen off and on.

I restart my U5 and I have to turn my television off and on again (if I want to take advantage of controlling the TV volume with the U5 remote control). Seriously, it doesn't make any sense. Maybe no one complains, because people just pull the power plug without bothering to turn off the box. And you know just like me that it's very bad to do that

1 minute ago, ismael said:

But honestly it doesn't make sense, for example, if I restart my desktop computer, I do not have to turn my screen off and on.  I restart my computer without turning my screen off and on.

I restart my U5 and I have to turn my television off and on again (if I want to take advantage of controlling the TV volume with the U5 remote control). Seriously, it doesn't make any sense. Maybe no one complains, because people just pull the power plug without bothering to turn off the box. And you know just like me that it's very bad to do that

If you want to control the boxes power. Then don't set it up to do so. 

You can factory reset the remote by pressing the Down + 0 button at the same time for 5 seconds. And then long press the info button to re pair the remote. 

After doing so. You will be able to control your Boxes power. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ismael said:

I've never had to unplug to shut power off

I also don't use suspend because external drives will be constantly using power

3 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

If you want to control the boxes power. Then don't set it up to do so. 

You can factory reset the remote by pressing the Down + 0 button at the same time for 5 seconds. And then long press the info button to re pair the remote. 

After doing so. You will be able to control your Boxes power. 

but no volume control of the TV, which it really anoying when you pass to a channel with dolby ... anyway I understand that buzztv boxes are not for me. 

I had a lot of hope in this box and in the future p6. but it's going to end that I'm going to sell my box.

I see no advantage for me, boxes are more expensive and do not match my logic.

but no volume control of the TV, which it really anoying when you pass to a channel with dolby ... anyway I understand that buzztv boxes are not for me. 

I had a lot of hope in this box and in the future p6. but it's going to end that I'm going to sell my box.

Ok no problem 

I leave my remote to control just my box.   All my buzz boxes are set to shutdown also.  I don't care for suspend, and have NEVER used restart on any box, in 20+ years.  Restart is useless.  When things act up, you really DO want to pull the power form the box, since it is often internal hardware registers that need to be reset, and only way to do that 100% is to pull the power, when for caps to drain a few seconds and then plug it back in.

The BT200 and BT250 have 4 learn IR keys to be able to learn TV remote buttons (volume, power, sources, etc..).  I don't use the "source" button - since the buzz is the only box connected to it, but I have learned the "sleep" key from my TV so I can turn that on instead 🙂 

Does not match your logic ?  your logic wants stuff simple for the old user... yet if it doesn't suit your specific setup, then you don't like it.  There is no perfect box out there.  There are compromises with all of them.  You can't satisfy them all.

All this over TV volume buttons.  Damn, would have loved to see your reaction in the good old days..

oldTV.png.732f9e08a52804f729753ddc6e2ef6c9.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I leave my remote to control just my box.   All my buzz boxes are set to shutdown also.  I don't care for suspend, and have NEVER used restart on any box, in 20+ years.  Restart is useless.  When things act up, you really DO want to pull the power form the box, since it is often internal hardware registers that need to be reset, and only way to do that 100% is to pull the power, when for caps to drain a few seconds and then plug it back in.

The BT200 and BT250 have 4 learn IR keys to be able to learn TV remote buttons (volume, power, sources, etc..).  I don't use the "source" button - since the buzz is the only box connected to it, but I have learned the "sleep" key from my TV so I can turn that on instead 🙂 

Does not match your logic ?  your logic wants stuff simple for the old user... yet if it doesn't suit your specific setup, then you don't like it.  There is no perfect box out there.  There are compromises with all of them.  You can't satisfy them all.

All this over TV volume buttons.  Damn, would have loved to see your reaction in the good old days..

oldTV.png.732f9e08a52804f729753ddc6e2ef6c9.png

You're right, make fun of me with this photo. and then I'm the arrogant and rude one. no worries, I regret having bought this U5 and I will ask if I can return it and get a refund. Because it's one thing when a product doesn't meet my needs, but it's another thing when someone laughs at me. Because we have different logics

2 minutes ago, ismael said:

You're right, make fun of me with this photo. and then I'm the arrogant and rude one. no worries, I regret having bought this U5 and I will ask if I can return it and get a refund. Because it's one thing when a product doesn't meet my needs, but it's another thing when someone laughs at me. Because we have different logics

I understand your logic. But I manage almost all aspects of our support for all of our products
And your logic on this and the Color Space is currently one of a kind right now

Nobody has requested this of us yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I understand your logic. But I manage almost all aspects of our support for all of our products
And your logic on this and the Color Space is currently one of a kind right now

Nobody has requested this of us yet.

without wanting to be pretentious, how many of your users have tested all the latest iptv boxes? I don't want to give you a list of the boxes I tested. But again your product is good. But for a product in this price range (high end), there are things that are incomprehensible to me.

Formuler has almost perfect from a software point of view, but their image quality is less good because of Realtek. Amlogic has better image quality.

Amiko is very good on image quality because it uses Amlogic and not Realtek, they lack certain software features.

By purchasing buzztv, I thought I would find the best hardware and the best software available on the market.

Frankly you lack a few things to be the best on the market. 

but these few things are very important in my point of view. if you satisfy all your users and your business grows. Keep going.

but honestly I think your sales are well below the sales of formuler

I don't want to fight to change your philosophy, I tried to make you understand certain things. my intentions were misinterpreted. There is no problem concerning me. I thank you for your answers and wish you good luck.

1 hour ago, ismael said:

Hate to tell you, but YOU were the one who came in here all arrogant and full of themselves.  Instead of asking questions, you dictated the way things SHOULD be.  It's your way or the highway.

1 hour ago, ismael said:

without wanting to be pretentious, how many of your users have tested all the latest iptv boxes? I don't want to give you a list of the boxes I tested. But again your product is good. But for a product in this price range (high end), there are things that are incomprehensible to me.

Formuler has almost perfect from a software point of view, but their image quality is less good because of Realtek. Amlogic has better image quality.

Formuler has let down MANY, MANY users over the years.   They have had many ups and downs.  And their software is far from perfect.  There is NO perfect software.  And there is no perfect hardware.  And your statement about the "best on the market" is pointless.  No such thing, unless you pretty much have a monopoly.  Everyone has different needs, different expectations, and different things that are important to them.

And your setup is not exactly a "typical" setup either.

In terms of the number of boxes most of us here have tested, here is a small sample of the ones I regularly test, and others have more.  And this is just the buzz boxes (xpl3000, StreamPro G1, xrs4500, xrs4900 x2, E1, E2, ST4000, HD5, B5, E5, Classic, X5 AI, X5 AX-C, U5, etc..).

buzzboxes.png.5751ab9bbac1927f24a5ad027e9edf50.png

1 hour ago, ismael said:

Amiko is very good on image quality because it uses Amlogic and not Realtek, they lack certain software features.

By purchasing buzztv, I thought I would find the best hardware and the best software available on the market.

Frankly you lack a few things to be the best on the market. 

but these few things are very important in my point of view. if you satisfy all your users and your business grows. Keep going.

but honestly I think your sales are well below the sales of formuler

I don't want to fight to change your philosophy, I tried to make you understand certain things. my intentions were misinterpreted. There is no problem concerning me. I thank you for your answers and wish you good luck.

buzztv,global media,ez media,formuler plus a couple of others

do I meet your criteria?lol

5 hours ago, Emporium said:

Hate to tell you, but YOU were the one who came in here all arrogant and full of themselves.  Instead of asking questions, you dictated the way things SHOULD be.  It's your way or the highway.

Formuler has let down MANY, MANY users over the years.   They have had many ups and downs.  And their software is far from perfect.  There is NO perfect software.  And there is no perfect hardware.  And your statement about the "best on the market" is pointless.  No such thing, unless you pretty much have a monopoly.  Everyone has different needs, different expectations, and different things that are important to them.

And your setup is not exactly a "typical" setup either.

In terms of the number of boxes most of us here have tested, here is a small sample of the ones I regularly test, and others have more.  And this is just the buzz boxes (xpl3000, StreamPro G1, xrs4500, xrs4900 x2, E1, E2, ST4000, HD5, B5, E5, Classic, X5 AI, X5 AX-C, U5, etc..).

buzzboxes.png.5751ab9bbac1927f24a5ad027e9edf50.png

your point of view ... you have to look a little further than your development laboratory... few IPTV resellers recommend your products. your ego was touched because I dared to criticize your holy product.

2 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I forget which model I had but I had to load smarters to use it for iptv

they have mytv, mytv2, mytv3 (depend on the model), application integrated