New Buzz 5 App Update for Android 9 Models - Sept 13th, 2023

allaboutbuzz

NEW UPDATE

V5.0.893 BuzzTV 5

All users running V5.0.799 on Android 9 models will automatically get the update. Or you can force update by

Pressing Menu Button

Go to Settings

Select Check Update. 

Changes:

- Added New Fav Groups Feature to Live + VOD + TV Series

- Added New Backup/Restore Feature to Configuration Menu- Added 9 New Languages to Configuration Menu

- Added more Aspect Ratio Options to Subtitles and Options Menu (Green Button)- Fixed a bug on Backup Player not automatically playing the next TV Episode in VOD/TV Series.

- Fixed Password Lock Feature for Adult Content on VOD + TV Series

- Fixed a TV Series bug with missing Episodes- Fixed a bug when powering back on into Live TV- Fixed a bug for servers with 10,000+ Channels

- Fixed a crash bug when changing categories/channels

- Fixed a bug on MAC Servers getting stuck on loading channel list

.- Fixed some XC Login API bugs

.- Fixed a bug with Date/Time on Modern Home Screen- Fixed a bug with Catch-Up not working past one day on some servers

- Fixed a bug on missing EPG Descriptions on some servers

- Fixed a bug when hiding All Categories and not being able to get any categories back- Optimized App Performance.

- Updated MAC to FAST EPG API

- Optimized EPG for MAC + XC Login Servers

- Fixed a bug with some XC Login Servers getting False Error after logging in

- Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi

- Fixed a Restore Bug 

- Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi

- Minor Bug Fixes

- Fixed an EPG bug in Channel list, underneath Channel Name

- Fixed some crashes

- Fixed missing Movie Trailers on VOD

- Fixed a crash with Scheduled Recordings.

- Fixed a bug on MAC servers not locking Adult Channels in the All Category of Live TV

- Optimized EPG Loading for MAC Servers that don't use Fast EPG API

- Fixed Search by Channel Number when group numbering turned on

- Minor Bug Fixes

- Fixed a rare crash when changing sort option in Radio

- Updated TMDB API, fixed a minor issue caused by the recent TMDB API changes

- Fixed Fav Channel Group renumbering issue

- Fixed a Playback bug on HLS Streams

- Fixed a bug when unhiding categories in Organize Categories

- Fixed a Menu Highlight Bug on the last category of VOD Home.

- Fixed a Recording bug on M3U with 2+ Connection

- Fixed an XC Login XML EPG Bug

- Fixed a bug with missing Movie/TV Posters on VOD + TV Series

- Added Channel Rename Feature to Fav Groups

- Fixed bug with EPG missing underneath channel names in channel on XC login

- Fixed a recording bug on some codecs. 

- Added Fast Login to XC Login in Configuration and Server Settings

- Added Stream Format + EPG Type to XC Login in Server Settings

- Added Radio section to XC Login Servers which have Radio Categories in Live TV

• Like 3

It's about right...  20 30 seconds for the download, and maybe 10 seconds of a few flashes and restart of buzztv app.  

This was APP update only, NOT firmware, so it is quick.  Doesn't usually matter if it is 1 line of code change, or 200 bug fixes... The app is roughly the same size (plus/minus a bit) regardless.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Emporium said:

It's about right...  20 30 seconds for the download, and maybe 10 seconds of a few flashes and restart of buzztv app.  

This was APP update only, NOT firmware, so it is quick.  Doesn't usually matter if it is 1 line of code change, or 200 bug fixes... The app is roughly the same size (plus/minus a bit) regardless.

Correct this was just an app update

So only about 65MB in size
So that is why it was so fast.

Plus it doesn't require the box to reboot like a Firmware update.

• Like 2

Got an issue with new app update if your in favorites catergory and u punch in channel number it goes to the all channel catergoy instead of staying in favorites. Also does the same thing if u hit guide and press a channrl to have the guide go to it jumps to all channel category 

36 minutes ago, Woody said:

Got an issue with new app update if your in favorites catergory and u punch in channel number it goes to the all channel catergoy instead of staying in favorites. Also does the same thing if u hit guide and press a channrl to have the guide go to it jumps to all channel category 

mine stays in favourites in both examples

3 hours ago, Woody said:

because you playing channel from all categories. try to play one channel from your favorite list other than thats current playing then try and you will see it will stay in your favorites.

16 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ryu no i an in the favorited catergory when i am playing it.. it keeps junping from my favorite catergory tk the all channels catergory my box is 4900 model if allaboutbuzz can vid call me i can show wat i mean

try selecting channel renumbering to see if it helps because my 4900 stays in same category I was in

OK.. I just reproduced it on my B5 🙂

With Group channel numbering on, this is not an issue.

With Channel Group numbering off, if I'm watching a channel and then from LiveTV stream, I punch is something like "1635" to go to that channel, it changes, but then, even though I was in my favorites and this new channel is also in my favorites,  when I hit OK, to scroll through channels, I am in "All Channels" category now.

Same thing when in GUIDE mode.  Scroll through favorites, and then enter something like "3464" which may even be displayed on your GUIDE of favorites, it will hesitate for a quick sec, switch to "ALL Channels" category, and then show you the 3464 entry.

Guess there needs to be some logic added that "IF" the channel is in the same category that you are in presently, then it doesn't need to change to "All Categories".  Obviously if it is NOT in your current category, then "All channels" switch is the obvious option.

* Channel numbers above are just arbitrary, to describe the issue.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 2:00 PM, Emporium said:

OK.. I just reproduced it on my B5 🙂

With Group channel numbering on, this is not an issue.

With Channel Group numbering off, if I'm watching a channel and then from LiveTV stream, I punch is something like "1635" to go to that channel, it changes, but then, even though I was in my favorites and this new channel is also in my favorites,  when I hit OK, to scroll through channels, I am in "All Channels" category now.

Same thing when in GUIDE mode.  Scroll through favorites, and then enter something like "3464" which may even be displayed on your GUIDE of favorites, it will hesitate for a quick sec, switch to "ALL Channels" category, and then show you the 3464 entry.

Guess there needs to be some logic added that "IF" the channel is in the same category that you are in presently, then it doesn't need to change to "All Categories".  Obviously if it is NOT in your current category, then "All channels" switch is the obvious option.

* Channel numbers above are just arbitrary, to describe the issue.

This was fixed on V5.0.901 Beta

I believe you're on the Beta update list

Are you able to try this and let me know

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This was fixed on V5.0.901 Beta

I believe you're on the Beta update list

Are you able to try this and let me know

Thanks

Just tried it on my X5 (now on 5.0.905) and it seems to work as expected now.  If channel is in the Favorites category, it stays in the favorites category when you manually switch to another channel in the favorites category..  Actually as a matter of fact, if you are in ANY category, if you choose a channel that is in the same category, it does not change category.  

Thanks

• Like 1