Video Player selection Issue

tvlarry

in this game of iptv you need to have more than one server no matter what a time to time they all get issue here and there. I have few premium and they all working great but even those get issues but not as much as theres many having issue everyday. If one does not work properly for a moment then couple click im in next one using my buzztv. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

in this game of iptv you need to have more than one server no matter what a time to time they all get issue here and there. I have few premium and they all working great but even those get issues but not as much as theres many having issue everyday. If one does not work properly for a moment then couple click im in next one using my buzztv. 🙂

That is for sure.  None are immune to issues.

But the difference is that when one of my premium services has an issue, there is someone who listens and tries to address the problems at the source.  For some of the "bargain" services out there, you may as well send you messages to /dev/null (ie: black hole), because they don't care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

That is for sure.  None are immune to issues.

But the difference is that when one of my premium services has an issue, there is someone who listens and tries to address the problems at the source.  For some of the "bargain" services out there, you may as well send you messages to /dev/null (ie: black hole), because they don't care.

100% agreed. 🙂

18 minutes ago, tvlarry said:

Thank you NBS !

How can I obtain the Beta Download for Buzz boxes ? Still having issues with the built in Player using another Provider.

send pm to allaboutbuzz and provide him your Mac address. 🙂

2 hours ago, dishuser said:

mine has been on beta list for 2½ years and mine isn't

I "thing" the beta list on 4000 devies was reset at one point (I think after buzztv 5 was no longer considered beta for the 4000 series).  I was on beta on my 4900 also for ages, and now it is also at public (.799).   My X5 however is on latest beta (so way past .799)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I "thing" the beta list on 4000 devies was reset at one point (I think after buzztv 5 was no longer considered beta for the 4000 series).  I was on beta on my 4900 also for ages, and now it is also at public (.799).   My X5 however is on latest beta (so way past .799)

ya I'm 89 versions higher...lol

• Haha 1

Does not matter if you have VLC installed also.  The one you have installed is NOT the one used by buzztv 5 for liveTV.  VLCLib is linked into the buzztv5 app, and that is what it uses regardless of what you have installed externally.  For VOD however, you can choose external, and choose VLC (or anything else) if you prefer.

Thanks Emporium

That said, the Primary and Backup is embedded in the Application then.

I am having the same issue with multiple Providers, indicating some setting or software on both units is the issue since the Dreamlink T3s have no problems using its Primary.

This issue was not happening last month, it appeared all of a sudden.

NOTHING has changed on the 4900.  No updates of firmware or buzztv software.  

So either your providers have suddenly changed something (which is strange if more than one at the same time, unless they are all fleecing the same source with no re-encoding.   Or Maybe your provider is doing some restrictions (like locking to specific "agents" only) and therefore it will refuse to play on some players.

I don't know if you mentioned what type of login you are using (MAC, XC, M3U) but when you are in live TV, press menu-->settings-->configuration and scroll all the way to the bottom.  Do you have an option for stream type ?  If so, try toggling from TS to M3U/HLS and see if that makes a difference.

Update the .888 Beta corrected the issue with one Provider, all channels work in Primary Player setting. The other Provider, the update has blacked out all channels in Primary setting but all restored in Backup Player setting. Have no idea what the second Provider did with the formatting but they did change it because this problem arose recently on both Buzz boxes.

Thank you all for the assistance !!