Updates

Redhusker24

36 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

I just thought they would want to continue to make the box and and live TV app better. I'm not saying it's bad because it's a bad ass box.

Of course they do which is why improvements get tested first

37 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

I just thought they would want to continue to make the box and and live TV app better. I'm not saying it's bad because it's a bad ass box.

The next update will include many new features, and fixes.  The features are being tested and new revisions/beta are being released sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.  There is no point in releasing something that people upgrade to and then beg to go backwards.  Needs to be as stable as possible.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

I agree with you. There should be more updates for these boxes. It's like they pop a couple updates out and just leave it that way. There is alot of stuff that I would change or new stuff I would do. I think they abandoned this box.

what's stopping you?

8 hours ago, Outlaw Pilot said:

You know, it IS possible to release incremental updates that are tested and stable more frequently like most other tech companies do. Not criticizing their release schedule but the excuse of testing for stability being the cause of longer intervals isn't necessarily valid.

how is not valid?

you complain about no update

how many would complain if an untested update was pushed?

And don't forget, it is summer time.  A lot of development slows down on many devices during the summer.

Better waiting a little longer and get something tested, than release something riddled with instability.  It's not like the box is not usable.

Mii jumped the gun on one update on the old Mii Box 3, and they were scrambling for months to get it sorted out.  

Minor little updates are one thing, but when you implement many new features, you want it to be solid out of the gate.

• Like 1

Most probably. 

The last Public release was in April 2023  (5.0.799) - just before the summer.  It has only been just over 4 months.  And it was not only on the U5, it was on all their 5 series boxes (android 11) and on the 4000 series (Android 9) boxes, and the E2 if I recall.  4 months is not exactly that long. 

When adding a bunch of features, it is important to ensure there is no regression on existing features, on all the platforms it is intended for.  You'd be surprised sometimes on how the smallest change (which may seem cosmetic), can have a domino effect on a bunch of other features.

You have companies like Dlink would make routers which are supposed to secure your network with the latest security patches, and you are lucky to ever see an update, and when they do, it is a year later, and you get 1 or 2 updates before they declare it EOL.  And yet people still buy them and put up with it.

An update is surely coming soon.  

You don't release updates, people complain.  You release regular updates, people complain.  You just can't win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...