Can no longer remove the "All" category on VOD, used to do it before

a While back I removed the All category in the VOD.  My wife was asking how to stop seeing the indian and pakistani movies, so we tried everything like hiding the indian categories but it would still show, so i found out the all category was showing the indian movies.

fast forward to today, i accidentally clicked show all when organizing the vod menu and iwhen i tried to undo it but now it wont let me remove the "all" category

If you remove all you won't have any categories which happened to a few users who then had to reset to view any categories

If your server has the indian and pakistani categories listed properly they should not show if you hide them 

Mine dont

• Like 1

No no, you do not understand, there are categories on the left, it starts with All,  - this shows every movie on the server regardless if its indian, paki, french, greek, etc, 

the next category is favourits,

then there is the countries/languages,  i used to have the ALL turned off, and have only english movies and maybe like french, italian, spanish, etc

so i could see the categories only and not the all,  cus the paki movies are stil showing in the all category

i am turning off the all category, then turning on the favs and the english and other languages ,but this time it wont let me turn off the ALL, it used to and it WORKED,   something changed, nothing on my end changed

Yes I am aware since I know how to hide and show categories and you need the buttons to do it, it worked before, it does not work now,  so far none of the advice has solved this issue,  this leads me to believe no one else has attempted to do this and b) the buzz box does not allow this after an update, so hello buzz people, can you fix this and bring it back

You can remove the all option and still have other categories,  how do I know this? because I actually did this and it worked., and it worked beautifully.    Not sure why u think its not coming back, but I will have a word  with the folks at Buzz TV and let them know to bring this back.

• Haha 1

Actually, I know what you are talking about, since I did it on my mom's box 🙂

It is not to hide "all" categories.  It is to hide the "All Channels" category itself...  For my mom, I went through the channels and flagged all the channels she watches (about a dozen max) as favorites, and then I hid EVERY other category, including the "All Channels".   That way, when she turns the box on, I sent it to go straight into LiveTV and Favorites category is the only one available.  So no matter what she does, she won't be lost trying to find categories..  Pressing CH+ and CH- is all she knows how to do (can't teach her anything new at this age).

Attached is a sample of what her organize favorites page looks like (I had taken a pic).  Created all her favorites first, and then disabled everything else (including the "All Channels" category), except for "favorites".  That way, she can't accidently find herself in some category confused and calling me to guide her keypress by keypress.  When I did this, I know she was running BuzzTV version 5.0.775.

But YES, as NBS mentioned, if you accidently hide "ALL" categories (when that option was available), you will have no choice but to reset the box to recover.  I'm sure there is a way to address both issues.  Maybe something to the effect of being able to go into "organize favorites" as long as the "categories" side panel is open, even if there is no category to select.  Because with 5.0.775, if you hide all, and bring up the empty category side panel, and even though button legend says "green" to organize favorites, it would not do anything, since no category was selected (since none is visible).

I found the option quite helpful for non-techie users to make the box "dummy" proof.  However to bring that back and address the potential of hiding all categories without recovery (short of a reset) is Buzz's choice.  They ultimately can make that call.

buzz Favorites.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pauly said:

a While back I removed the All category in the VOD.  My wife was asking how to stop seeing the indian and pakistani movies, so we tried everything like hiding the indian categories but it would still show, so i found out the all category was showing the indian movies.

fast forward to today, i accidentally clicked show all when organizing the vod menu and iwhen i tried to undo it but now it wont let me remove the "all" category

As nbs mentioned

We removed it as we had too many support tickets and calls where users would have 0 categories by mistake and no idea how to get them back without doing a reset

We will look into allowing hide All category again, but make it where you need at least one category visible still. 

• Like 4

Thanks allaboutbuzz.  

Just one piece of logic to add if you do it that way.  IF it is a favorites category that is the only one selected to be visible, ensure that it at least has 1 channel in the category list.  When I first did it, I selected only favorites to be visible, but I had no channels in favorites yet, so when I accidently exited, I had no categories visible since favorites only is visible when something is in the group.  There is a small workaround (using the search option, finding a channel, and then adding it to favorites), but it would cause confusion and too many support tickets again 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 2:30 PM, Pauly said:

You can remove the all option and still have other categories,  how do I know this? because I actually did this and it worked., and it worked beautifully.    Not sure why u think its not coming back, but I will have a word  with the folks at Buzz TV and let them know to bring this back.

so you admitted you don't even have a box anymore and have the audicity to make demands?

thanx goof

• 2 weeks later...

So its either LRVG or RLVG?  thanks I will check to see if we have a 3.5mm cable lying somewhere with those specs so I can hook this up to the TV in my dads basement temporarily.

I am surprised Buzz does not even sell a cable as an optional accessory.  this will open the door for people buying a cable with the wrong spec, since there are 16 possible combinations of different pinouts,   so that leaves a 1 in 16 chance of getting the right cable when you buy one from amazon, not good ods in my humble opinion

woops, ment to post that in the other thread, please disregard.   but yeah my dad stil would like  to know how to remove the "all" category from his vod menu, if this feature returns we will be more than thrilled to get rid of all the indian and paki movies from showing up

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

On a good note, the box must have had some kind of update so I went into the categories and was able to remove the "all" category and just show the categories i want only.

my wife is very happy now, all the paki movies are gone, she was annoyed by those.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Hello All,

On a good note, the box must have had some kind of update so I went into the categories and was able to remove the "all" category and just show the categories i want only.

my wife is very happy now, all the paki movies are gone, she was annoyed by those.

Yes this was added in an app update awhile ago

11 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I was the one who complained when it was removed, there must have been more people besides me who complained for them to realize the mistake this caused and bring it back.

Your welcome!

I hope you kept the English category

maybe it will help you learn it

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

I was the one who complained when it was removed, there must have been more people besides me who complained for them to realize the mistake this caused and bring it back.

Your welcome!

Does not take 50 people to complain about something for buzz to fix something.  If it makes sense (not some crazy "nice to have"), reproducible, and not too difficult to implement, it often is implemented quite quickly.

And it didn't come back "as-is".  There were updates made in the back end to avoid the lockout situation that it could still cause (which was the original reason it was removed)..   So being a smart-ass without understanding what went into the changes and testing behind the scenes, just makes you look like an @ss.

• Like 3

Dudes, chill out, why so uptight? the feature is fixed instead of attacking someone please learn to be more polite, respect one another, no one is attacking you personally, i am just happy/excited its fixed, so take a chill pill and dont take things so personal sometimes,

• Haha 1