looking for a 4900

JimBob

I  already have a  xrs4900 which  works  fine.

Been looking around  to buy another  one here  in Canada, but seems  they are  all out  of  stock.

Am I missing  something? Is a different  model coming  out soon I should  wait for?

Canadian WintronicComputers have it but $249 I have bought from them many times.

Go here canada.buzztvglobal.com and take a look at all the newer models running android 11.

I'm no expert but the classic with the 2 good remotes for $189 looks tempting.

The U5 is pretty much the "replacement" for the 4900.  And now they have a U5 with 128GB (instead of just 32GB) of onboard storage.  And you have a slot underneath (like the 4900) to add an HDD/SSD.

The U5 is a nice box, with AndroidTV 11.  The only thing, I have a little preference for the BT200 remote that was included on the 4900 🙂  But that is personal preference.  Otherwise the U5 works great.  I have installed a spare SSD I had lying around and it just works (like most Buzz boxes).

The Classic with 2 remotes is also a nice deal.  I recently convinced a buddy of mine to buy one, and so far, he is liking it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stdly said:

Canadian WintronicComputers have it but $249 I have bought from them many times.

Go here canada.buzztvglobal.com and take a look at all the newer models running android 11.

I'm no expert but the classic with the 2 good remotes for $189 looks tempting.

some of their locations don't honour warranty

Never knew about the warranty problems. I'm not pushing Wintronics I am local to the Mississauga store and bought a lot of computer components back in the day but never had to use a warranty lucky I guess. Bought my first MAG box and a Formuler Z7+ off them both are still working.

I realize the Classic is not the replacement for the 4900 but thought I could get him looking at the newer models at that price.

• 3 weeks later...