Auto Shut Off App timer ?

Emporium

Just curious if anyone has recently tested the "Auto Shut Off App" timer ?

I have had it set for 2hrs on my xrs4900 that I have in my bedroom, yet it no longer seems to work.  

Earlier today I tried it on my B5 also. Set it to 1hr, went off to run some errands, had supper, and came back 3hrs later and it was still streaming.

Thought initially it was possibly a glitch in one of the players, but I have tried both Primary and backup.   Also tried with 3 different providers and one customer list of direct public streams.  All the same.  Thought maybe my xrs4900 units were overdue for a reset, hence why I just tried it on the B5.

I know the feature used to work (at least on my xrs4900 units), since I used to use it quite often.

Curious if someone can test it and report back. 

Possibly some timer interrupt that is accidently being masked.  Or some background event constantly resetting the timer.

Thnx

• Like 2

I know if definitely used to work.  But I don't recall if it was with Buzz 4.x or 5.x, since the 4900 in my bedroom (where I used to use it most) I held off from updating to 5.x  for a while, to avoid any "wife" complaints.   The other 4900 which I do most of my testing on, I was not using the option much.

Guess @allaboutbuzzcould take a look at it at one point.  Nothing urgent, since it doesn't affect any playback issues, but it is a handy feature for when you doze off in front of the TV 🙂  

Thanks for testing guys.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 7:34 PM, Emporium said:

Just curious if anyone has recently tested the "Auto Shut Off App" timer ?

I have had it set for 2hrs on my xrs4900 that I have in my bedroom, yet it no longer seems to work.  

Earlier today I tried it on my B5 also. Set it to 1hr, went off to run some errands, had supper, and came back 3hrs later and it was still streaming.

Thought initially it was possibly a glitch in one of the players, but I have tried both Primary and backup.   Also tried with 3 different providers and one customer list of direct public streams.  All the same.  Thought maybe my xrs4900 units were overdue for a reset, hence why I just tried it on the B5.

I know the feature used to work (at least on my xrs4900 units), since I used to use it quite often.

Curious if someone can test it and report back. 

Possibly some timer interrupt that is accidently being masked.  Or some background event constantly resetting the timer.

Thnx

Fixed in V5.0.793 sent today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2