Picture freezing using latest update.

Flyinghigh

Reason I ask, is that many people tend to just use the cable it comes with, but don't use the USB power adapter that is in the box (since they figure they already have so many).   The power adapter in the box is rated for 2A.  Many TVs will still only provide 500mA or 1A at most on their USB ports.  Also, old USB power bricks are the same.  When the box can't get the full power it needs it does start to do funny things.  Hence why I asked if you are using the USB power brick that was included with the box (and not something else).

BTW: Just to see if it something in the WiFi it doesn't like, do you by any chance have the OPTION to try the box with an Ethernet cable ?

Also, in the LiveTV settings, do you have Timeshift (TS) enabled ?  If so, try turning it off and then exit and restart LiveTV.

I am using the supplied brick and usb cable that came with it. I knew you can't do that from back in the Firestick days. If I had to use Ethernet it would defeat the purpose of this box. There is no easy way to hook it up to Ethernet and use daily. Could I, sure, but why? Even if it works, I'm not going to use the box that way.

The purpose is to see if the issue is with the WiFi connection, or something to do with the codecs/players and the service combination.   I know it is not the way you want to use it, but it is just a test to narrow down the source of the problem.

Are you using a MAC or XC API/M3U type of connection ?

As another test, If you are using MAC then maybe try to install STBEmu Pro (I know the interface is far from ideal), but just to see if it also has an issue on the box.   And if you using XC API, maybe try using IPTV Smarters to see if it is any better on the box.

The tests are just to narrow down the source of the problem. 

My HD5 is not my primary box, but this afternoon while I was doing some work in the basement I decided to use it, and yes I also connected it via WiFi, same firmware and BuzzTV5 as yours and with 2 of my services, it was rock solid without any major glitches.  Actually maybe 1 or 2 minor glitches over the 4 hours I had it on.  But don't know if it was due to the box itself, or maybe my kids downloading something (when they update their steam game library the hog the network - I have been meaning to add a QoS queue to minimize the impact, but have been too lazy).

Considering you have done numerous resets, I am assuming you have NOT enabled the Timeshift (TS) option that is under the Menu->PVR->PVR Options section ?  I did not test it on the HD5, but a while back I did have issues on one of my other boxes and the TS feature.

Flyinghigh I got five Buzztv HD5 boxes today.

I setup up one,it took the latest update and was playing good for about 30 mins.

Now I'm experiencing what you are , it freezes frequently and unlike other devices it does not start back.

I have to move the channel up or down and go back to the channel I was watching for it to resume.

I have a 4K firestick that had minimal freezing but it would start playing on its own.

The HD5 stays stuck once it freezes.

I don't know if Buzz has received similar comments but its my first day with this box hoping it will be resolved soon.

Problem solved, when I checked the wifi router signal in settings it was showing fair.

The Firestick 4K that was in the same position was showing good and had minimal freezing, Firesticks have a great ability to connect on weaker wifi signals.

I connected a wifi extender to boost the signal from the router in the basement to the first floor and the Buzztv HD5 is now showing Wifi Signal strength "Excellent"

Picture has not freezed or locked up in 20 mins will post back if I have any return of that issue.

On another positive note the picture quality on the HD5 is very sharp and colours vivid reminds me of the Buzztv X5 picture quality.

These 2 new Buzz boxes have the  best picture quality I have seen so far.

• Like 3