Recording one channel while watching another on BuzzTV X5 64AI

ppat86

13 minutes ago, ppat86 said:

I am able to record the channel I am watching on my X5 box  but if I switch channels, the recording in progress gets canceled. Is there a way to record a channel while watching another channel?

If you use xc api you can .Also your service must allow 2 streams

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ppat86 said:

I am able to record the channel I am watching on my X5 box  but if I switch channels, the recording in progress gets canceled. Is there a way to record a channel while watching another channel?

I have one server that gives me 4 lines and last week I did a test and recorded 3 different program's while watching the 4th on one of my XRS4500 boxes with the latest Buzz 5 program and it worked GREAT!  Like I said before these people did a GREAT job on creating the Buzz 5 program.

Mine is working so good on my XRS4500 boxes I am almost afraid to download any more updates. LOL 

4 minutes ago, sea157 said:

I have one server that gives me 4 lines and last week I did a test and recorded 3 different program's while watching the 4th on one of my XRS4500 boxes with the latest Buzz 5 program and it worked GREAT!  Like I said before these people did a GREAT job on creating the Buzz 5 program.

Mine is working so good on my XRS4500 boxes I am almost afraid to download any more updates. LOL 

no need to be afraid lol. its just gonna get better. if any issue you can report to buzz team here and they will help you. 🙂

• Like 1

if your server supports more than one connection then it should work. I tried on few servers record one show and change channel no problem at all.

Can you clarify what you mean by "server supports more than one connection"?  I have set up two Mac servers for the same IPTV server but only one Mac server shows "connected" at a time.  

Some services allow you to only have 1 connection at a time.   Others however allow 2 or more (some up to 5) simultaneously on the same account.

If they don't specify, it is typically 1 connection.  If they allow more than one connection at the same time, they typically advertise it, since it is a selling point.  Others allow you to add as many connections as you want for a small additional fee per connection.

If you are watching Live TV, just hit the Menu button, then go down to settings, and then select Account info.  You will see how many "max" connections your service allows and how many are active.  If you have a max of 1 connection, then you will only be able to record the channel you are watching.  

I don't understand what you mean by " I have set up two Mac servers for the same IPTV server".  Your box only has a single SERVER ID (MAC) - unless you are using a 3rd party app (like STBEmu) which allows you to use whatever MAC you want - but that would defeat the purpose of a Buzz box 🙂

Appreciate the additional info on the connections. I followed your directions but the Account Info only shows the Server ID and the expiration date for my subscription. There is no information regarding the number of connections. 

By two Mac servers, I was referring to the "Settings --> Mac Server --> Add Mac Server +" feature where I created two servers with the same IPTV service URL. I can however only connect to one Mac Server at a time.  

Screenshot 2022-10-23 151107.png

I bought only one account. I simply created a second server with the same subscription hoping to have two connections going in parallel which I now know is not possible. So no money wasted but I guess I have to live with recording just one channel. 🙂

23 minutes ago, ppat86 said:

I bought only one account. I simply created a second server with the same subscription hoping to have two connections going in parallel which I now know is not possible. So no money wasted but I guess I have to live with recording just one channel. 🙂

then it's a good thing you couldn't connect a second time

the service would most likely have banned you