Buzz TV5 loses internet connection

ppat86

I have a brand new BuzzTV X5 64 AI which is connected via Wi-Fi. The box works fine until I switch off the TV and not watch any programs for a few hours (e.g., overnight). The box loses internet connection with the Connection setting displaying a "No Internet" message for my wi-fi network.

Toggling the Wi-Fi option or forgetting the wi-fi network and reconfiguring the same wi-fi network does not help. The box connects successfully to the wi-fi but continues to show "No Internet".  All the other devices in the house including laptops and two other non-BuzzTV IPTV boxes have no issues with the wi-fi. The only workaround is to physically unplug  and re-plug the power cable on the box after which it takes a long time to initialize and download the IPTV channels. This is not a sustainable option.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

im assuming you have latest update? you said you reconfigured same network meaning your forget network and reconnect? are you on 2.4 or 5G or you have both in one network? try to split and connect on 5G first then 2.4 to see if that helps. try different router if you have avaible or swap to different if it belongs to your ISP.

if nothing works then I would say try factory reset option and see if that helps

I do have the latest update and yes, I did a "forget network and reconnect". I  have 2.4 and 5 G wi-fi networks separated and have tried switching from one network to another. The box connects to both wi-fi networks successfully when I switch but once a network goes to the "No Internet" status for one, the other network has the same issue until I remove and reconnect the power cable. Another thing, there does not seem to be any specific pattern on the duration of the non-activity before the internet connection is lost. On a few occasions, the internet connection remains intact even after a gap of 10-12 hours but most times, that is not the case.

I will try the factory reset option the next time the internet's status is lost/connection is not recognized.

Thanks.

Rather than do a factory reset, I changed the remote power (BT-400) setting to power off instead of suspend for the box when powering off the TV. I am not sure if it is coincidence but since then, I have not lost the internet connection (one whole day). I will monitor for some more time to confirm if the problem has been resolved.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The "no internet" issue has unfortunately resurfaced. For three weeks, my x5 had no issues with the internet but over the last week, the box loses internet connection, sometimes multiple times a day, and can't connect until it is rebooted.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

13 minutes ago, ppat86 said:

The "no internet" issue has unfortunately resurfaced. For three weeks, my x5 had no issues with the internet but over the last week, the box loses internet connection, sometimes multiple times a day, and can't connect until it is rebooted.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

I would say if its ISP device then try to swap router or if its combo unit try to swap if possible and see if that helps.

if your own then try to buy a different router and see if that helps. 

Have you tried power cycling your router (not reset - just unplug power and plug it in again) ?

I know you said other devices have no issue, but sometimes there are chipset incompatibilities so just trying to see if it may not like the WIFI chipset used in your router.

You are not by any chance too close to the router (yes that is a thing) ?  

59 minutes ago, ppat86 said:

I am using Shutdown. It was that switch from Suspend that seemed to have fixed the problem for me last month until last week when the problem resurfaced.  

go to settings, network & internet, click HotSpot, Portable HotSpot Enabled turn ON, go back to wifi, turn wifi ON and it should connect to your network now.

let us know please if that worked. 🙂

The box displayed the "No internet" message again today, The Hotspot trick did work though and the box reconnected to the internet needing me to unplug and then reconnect the power cable to the box.

@Ryu: Thanks for your suggestion. I am hopeful though that there will be a permanent solution for this problem in a future upgrade since it is apparently not unique to my box.

• Like 1

I am not counting on an update to fix it. Heck this V5 has been a train wreck right from the get-go. I can say that for my x5 right from the beginning as well when my box order was filled on 20220624. Oh, wait that's the bad version, but anyway same date.

I also must be going blind; I know while I was out driving, I saw a message not so positive about BuzzTV. However, now it is gone. Poof. Guess the censor button got it. It's a shame we can't have a box to watch simple TV on. After all this X5 was hyped big time as the best box to get. Some said Nivida killer. Heck my Firestick is playing just fine and the x5 won't. Now censorship of our comments about the product. We can have some of the team degrading folks, suggest they move on, that is allowed by allaboutbuzz. There is a guy here who requested his sd card with the files on it way before me. He still has not gotten it. Guess that's none of my business, but it does reflect on the company.

So, my issue is X5 freezes, and I miss part of the program. It also will not reconnect to Wi-Fi when turning on in the morning. 

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flyinghigh said:

I am not counting on an update to fix it. Heck this V5 has been a train wreck right from the get-go. I can say that for my x5 right from the beginning as well when my box order was filled on 20220624. Oh, wait that's the bad version, but anyway same date.

I also must be going blind; I know while I was out driving, I saw a message not so positive about BuzzTV. However, now it is gone. Poof. Guess the censor button got it. It's a shame we can't have a box to watch simple TV on. After all this X5 was hyped big time as the best box to get. Some said Nivida killer. Heck my Firestick is playing just fine and the x5 won't. Now censorship of our comments about the product. We can have some of the team degrading folks, suggest they move on, that is allowed by allaboutbuzz. There is a guy here who requested his sd card with the files on it way before me. He still has not gotten it. Guess that's none of my business, but it does reflect on the company.

So, my issue is X5 freezes, and I miss part of the program. It also will not reconnect to Wi-Fi when turning on in the morning. 

Thanks

go to settings, network & internet, click HotSpot, Portable HotSpot Enabled turn ON then turn off. now it should connect to internet.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a xrs4500 box running build v 20221115 and IPTV ver 5.0.790 with the same problem of losing my wifi internet connection after a suspend. Turn wifi on/ and off shows no wifi at all. I don't have any hotspot option mentioned above. Only solution is to reboot the box. 

3 minutes ago, stan767 said:

I have a xrs4500 box running build v 20221115 and IPTV ver 5.0.790 with the same problem of losing my wifi internet connection after a suspend. Turn wifi on/ and off shows no wifi at all. I don't have any hotspot option mentioned above. Only solution is to reboot the box. 

then update it and see if that helps