Cannot load portal!

Dwight Trim

1 hour ago, LINDA B said:

First of all you should read your site's rules #4 and #5 and learn how to talk to people. We are not ALL genious like you I wonder who's the entitled here???

You can barred me I don't give a shit I will manage myself BY READING ya reading and learning myself isn't that what you always told people read before posting the good old dish years 

idiot mods who downtalk to people and they think they know everything

ReREAD my post.  There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it.  It first points out that your are disrespectful by hijacking another thread (which you obviously got the hint, even though I did not use any harsh language).

But then I just provides 100% technical advice (which come to think of it, I should NOT have even provided).  I even went ahead of checked the options for tomato which I haven't used in ages to try to guide you in the right direction.  There is nothing in the technical explanation which is said in any demeaning manner (or downtalk as you put it) !!!  It is just pure facts.    Now if you are technically incompetent (guess it is the only way to say it after your reply, since you decided to take offence to the way a technical reply was made, I may as well scale it up since you don't want baby talk), then that is for you to deal with.

And lastly, this is a forum for Buzz box technical issue.  You issue is more of a home networking and service issue.  Not related to the Buzz box.   

Enjoy your google searches and youtube, because this is the last help you are getting from most of us.

An NO, I am not a mod on these forums, and don't get paid to provide any help.  But if I was, you and your multiple personalities, would have been banned already for the attitude.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Had this  happen after a factory reset last nite. With the help and skill of my provider,  got the issue resolved.

Certainly will avoid another factory reset.

I've done dozens of factory sets with no portal issues

• Like 1

Many factory resets here also, with no issues.

However I have seen in some rare cases, if using a MAC based sub, that the service will detect it as a new box and therefore requires a MAC reset on the panel.  This is not the fault of the box, but rather a small security feature of the service panel. 

Once of the reasons I typically prefer XC logins, since this is not something you need to worry about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When you turn off your box on some systems the system will drop recognition of the device and when you turn it back on it will give you the message about portal not recognized.

With some VPN services advanced tracking settings can prevent you from receiving the required packets to connect you to the portal you request.

I have a vpn that takes me a while to reconnect when I restart the box with the BUZZ TV enabled so it is easier for me to go to an app with less secure requirements and open the connection and then as soon as it comes up just go back to the BUZZ TV app and it will connect load everything an run like a top it could be a problem with your settings like my extreme settings on the vpn and the isp server you have.

There were some changes in some geographical areas recently that made his problem worse.

24 minutes ago, Ice said:

When you turn off your box on some systems the system will drop recognition of the device and when you turn it back on it will give you the message about portal not recognized.

With some VPN services advanced tracking settings can prevent you from receiving the required packets to connect you to the portal you request.

I have a vpn that takes me a while to reconnect when I restart the box with the BUZZ TV enabled so it is easier for me to go to an app with less secure requirements and open the connection and then as soon as it comes up just go back to the BUZZ TV app and it will connect load everything an run like a top it could be a problem with your settings like my extreme settings on the vpn and the isp server you have.

There were some changes in some geographical areas recently that made his problem worse.

that's because if you use boot up to live tv it loads before the vpn connects

• Like 1