4500 MAX Keeps Resetting

my first 4500 did that after 2mo's.. audio goes out of sync or no audio, change channel the audio's back .. goes to blue screen reboots randomly ..reset many times 

replaced it was still under warranty (only had it for 2months) guy replaced with new box not reburnished ..

Runs great  ..

BuzzTV 5 is  out of beta.  IT is what gets delivered with all new boxes (X5, HD5, U5, etc..).  Been running it for over a year, and it works great.

If you choose to stick to buzzTV4, be prepared to live with any issues it may or may not have since there will not be any updates on v4.  All efforts are now on BuzzTV5, and the fact that most boxes are synced (E2, 4000, 4500, 4900, X5, HD5, U5...) are running very close to the same version, it makes it easier to concentrate efforts on a unified front.

Last week 766 was released, and all beta users were updated to that, and they are public OTA now for anyone on buzztv5.  The 2015 method will take you to a beta, sure.  But then there will be an OTA update to update the beta to release.

But you are FREE to chose to stay on buzzTV4 if you chose.  It is NOT being forced on anyone.

Edited by Emporium

I JUST upgraded my second 4900 10 minutes ago (t was long overdue, but I used the file in the downloads section of this forum - since my box had really old firmware 20210411 or something like that).  But even then, everything worked like a charm and lost nothing.  Even my favorites are still there, and all my apps.   Only thing I had to do was go into PVR options and redo the options of where my pvr recordings, TS, and vod downloads go.  That's it.

Got one message upon first boot about some service not starting, but that was only first boot.  rebooted twice since then and it is clean.

Edited by Emporium

I just did my older 4000 unit to try it first. it seemed to download fine and took a while for live tv to start but all seems fine. Only issue is some shortcuts on homescreen dont work like settings. Also tried update and said none available. Did it update latest file when I changed to 5? 

6 minutes ago, Bandit035 said:

I just did my older 4000 unit to try it first. it seemed to download fine and took a while for live tv to start but all seems fine. Only issue is some shortcuts on homescreen dont work like settings. Also tried update and said none available. Did it update latest file when I changed to 5? 

what version are you at?

43 minutes ago, Bandit035 said:

What theme are you using ?   Try switching themes to something like Buzz Classic.. And then go back in and change back to buzz modern.