New update

gig63

Update

I unplugged the power 6 or 7 times and it finally booted normal and it looks like new update didn't install

firmware version: v20220624

IPTV version: 5.0.707

maybe I'm wrong i cant remember what version befor

Thank you for your time

Looks like next time an update comes down, I think I'll wait till the next day to install, to see if it doesn't crash on everyone else's. 🙂😁

The only thing is, from what I read on the update, it has things in it that I've been waiting for, so hoping it gets worked out,,,,,

Edited by bubba

13 hours ago, bubba said:

Looks like next time an update comes down, I think I'll wait till the next day to install, to see if it doesn't crash on everyone else's. 🙂😁

The only thing is, from what I read on the update, it has things in it that I've been waiting for, so hoping it gets worked out,,,,,

How can you find out what was in the update? 

I read all threads related to new update 20220726.  It is not clear what is going on with this update.  As another user pointed out buzz tv logo changed to SARO.  With this update I notice following differences compared to 20220714 version:

1. Smart Remote app is no longer available

2. fonts are way smaller compared to the previous version that I had

3. device name changed for X5 AI128 to gt5000

4. Unable to add google account in settings

How can I find out what are new features/bug fixes with current release?    Is this a glitch that we got a different firmware meant for gt5000 installed on X5 hardware or is it just a title issue.  

If someone can provide some clarity it will be very helpful.

Edited by sunnyc

On 7/26/2022 at 9:52 PM, dishuser said:

I was told it will be fixed in a day or two

it was a "glitch"

An OTA Fix for any X5 boxes that got Saro by accident was sent just now

It will revert you back to BuzzTV X5

Please note when taking this update, you will lose Server Settings of IPTV.
This is mentioned in the Release Notes. 

You may also have to uninstall updates of Google Play Store and set that back up as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

An OTA Fix for any X5 boxes that got Saro by accident was sent just now

It will revert you back to BuzzTV X5

Please note when taking this update, you will lose Server Settings of IPTV.
This is mentioned in the Release Notes. 

You may also have to uninstall updates of Google Play Store and set that back up as well

@allaboutbuzz can we add an enhancement in future release to have a backup option of all custom settings/apps  and restore them when needed?  

3 hours ago, Rinny1 said:

Noticed the new update on the ARQ-100 remote  (727 file)

mute button 

volume  button 

no longer work

With the X5 remote (BT400) it works ?

Reason I ask, is that there is a setting to "force volume max", which makes volume on any remote non-responsive.  It has happened to me twice that it accidently got set to "on".   Can't figure out what triggered it (other than the one time after an update which is known).    Not something frequent, so hard to say.  But something to check.

59 minutes ago, Rinny1 said:

So nobody else using a ARQ remote?

The remotes that come with these recent boxes are pretty decent, so no real need for a different remote.   I have the BT100, BT200, and BT400 with various boxes and they all work pretty well.   Having said that, even the IR100 was pretty impressive for an IR remote.  Did not have to go up to the box or within 5 feet like some crappy remotes I've seen with other boxes.  

Back when bluetooth remotes was not a thing, these RF/WiFi remotes were something great and in some cases needed (since the cheap IR remotes some of the crappy android box vendors included were pure junk.  I used to have a few different one, from name brands and some cheap Chinese knockoffs of the MX3 style remotes (airmouse, 2.4Ghz Wifi, backlighting, etc..).  Most worked well considering the alternatives at the time.

Now if you have some apps which were never designed for proper remotes/TV and expect a mouse, then sure, an air mouse remote is needed (or at least makes your life easier).  But most of the apps I use are Android (many even AndroidTV) designed, so work pretty well with regular remotes. 

And if you are using these boxes for just IPTV (without any other 3rd party apps - like many of my friends), then for sure there is no need for another remote.

• Thanks 1