Media format is not supported

jbana48

Can Buzz ever fix this problem, maybe by adding supported codecs.

Problem is mainly with recorded playback. This problem has been going on for years.

I've had every box made since the BuzzTV XR4000, 3 different ISP's, VPN or No VPN & all had this problem.

Just bought 2 new BuzzTv X5 SS, same problem on playback, Media format is not supported

If you are still having "Media not supported" issues on BuzzTV 5 on older boxes, they it is time to change providers.

I have seen providers that are ALL over the place in terms of encoding.  Encoding of channels in 3 or 4 different formats and no consistency.  I had a few channels on the main service I watch that needed me to switch to "secondary" player to be able to watch them.  Mentioned it to my provider, and in no time, the encoding was changed and no longer need to do that, and all channels work perfectly.

But if you do not report it with some details to buzz, it will never get addressed.  There are literally thousands of providers out there, and some use very strange codecs and strange settings within codecs.  

Also, keep in mind, that as with all things, everything is a compromise.  Can't add every codec under the sun either.  It's different to watch a movie and you want all codecs, and it is different for liveTV channel surfing.  For LiveTV you need the player to be responsive.  If it take 2 or 3 seconds on every channel change to tune into and start playing a channel, it would be VERY annoying.  For watching VOD, even if it take 5 seconds to get started, who really cares.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jbana48 said:

Can Buzz ever fix this problem, maybe by adding supported codecs.

Problem is mainly with recorded playback. This problem has been going on for years.

I've had every box made since the BuzzTV XR4000, 3 different ISP's, VPN or No VPN & all had this problem.

Just bought 2 new BuzzTv X5 SS, same problem on playback, Media format is not supported

Have you tried playing the recordings back on VLC or MX Player to see if they work there?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Have you tried playing the recordings back on VLC or MX Player to see if they work there?

you've already on more than one occasion fixed the issues with that service

and they keep changing their source

IMO they should fix it

• Like 2