- Fixed the app wouldn't load season list for some tv shows on MAC servers
- Fixed a minor issue when creating PVR recordings
- Minor Bug Fixes

Please leave feedback below

Thanks

• Like 3

X5 128AI / Android 11 

V20230815 / 5.0.937

No update message appeared, nor is there an OTA update available thru the Settings>Update Menu.

I tried rebooting, didn't help though.

The X5 Super Sport however did show a message that there was an Update available. 

The SS is Android 13 so I figured it was a false message. I did try the Update though, just to be sure.

It did not load, but instead gave an error message about a Timestamp_Payload error. This was expected, but the X5 SS did show the Update Message and there was an Update showing as Available in the Update menu  and is still showing as Available.

While the X5 128AI / Android 11  does not show an Update available, nor will it find one, including with a reboot performed.

The device has been powered on about 20 minutes now and is set on Home Screen.

I will leave the device powered on to watch for any change.

Preparing took about one minute. Then Downloading Installing took about 2 to 3 minutes. Then Reboot took about another one minute. Total time  about 5 minutes, including reboot.

Running WiFi connection

Information now shows as --> V20240918 / 5.0.938

Edited by whacked
  • Like 1

New Update install successfully confirmation message appeared onscreen about 5 minutes later , with release notes and version numbers listed.

The release notes were correct for the version and the firmware version showed correctly but the IPTV version showed as 5.0.937... but in the Update menu it shows as the new 5.0.938

No big deal , but is what I see 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, whacked said:

New Update install successfully confirmation message appeared onscreen about 5 minutes later , with release notes and version numbers listed.

The release notes were correct for the version and the firmware version showed correctly but the IPTV version showed as 5.0.937... but in the Update menu it shows as the new 5.0.938

No big deal , but is what I see 🙂

Menu, settings,check update

• Like 1

Update showed Preparing system update... for over an hour.   I exited and started over twice, letting it run 45 minutes the first try and 25 minutes the second.  On the third attempt, it finally successfully downloaded and installed after about 10 minutes.  Internet connection and speed are good.  

Edited by jawjahpeach
  • Like 1

I never have any issues with updates since I began using Techdoctoruk's 2 apps - App Killer and Cache Cleaner. I run APP KILLER at the end of each streaming session and Cache Cleaner about once a week. My conclusion is this - IPTV & Streaming is a 'weakest link in the chain' technology (still) and you get more consistent results running your box lean and mean. Good luck folks and happy streaming!

47 minutes ago, Phar_Lap9 said:

I never have any issues with updates since I began using Techdoctoruk's 2 apps - App Killer and Cache Cleaner. I run APP KILLER at the end of each streaming session and Cache Cleaner about once a week. My conclusion is this - IPTV & Streaming is a 'weakest link in the chain' technology (still) and you get more consistent results running your box lean and mean. Good luck folks and happy streaming!

I just have my powerkey definition set to "shutdown" and it takes an extra minute to power up, and never have any issues.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rusty Ellis said:

Downloaded. 
Update finished. 
Reboot. 
Screen stuck on logo for hours. 
Unplugged and plugged back in. 
Screen stuck on logo for a couple hours before unplugged again. 
Same results. Ughhhhh! 
Brick? 

when was the last time you took a firmware update?

8 hours ago, dishuser said:

when was the last time you took a firmware update?

2022 was the last time it told me to update. 

I unplugged the unit last night and the plugged it back in when I woke up this morning. Same logo on screen and nothing else. 

IMG_3376.jpeg