Buzz 5 vs Buzz 6

TonyC

8 minutes ago, sts41 said:

This depends on your provider. I am using MAC and if I put my server in both, one will login and the other will fail. Provider needs to reset my connection if I want to switch.

owning a buzz and using a mac connection is pointless

• Like 1

All the BuzzTV 6 issues ? no.  There is no such thing really.  Even BuzzTV 2, 4 and 5 still have some bugs.  Every software does.

But it is usable for daily use (at least for the way I use it).  People's usage style are different and you would need to evaluate for yourself.

for XC APi, you can switch back and forth without issue, which is great.  MAC, unfortunately, nature of the beast, you will probably need to reset on panel every time you switch back and forth.

1st rule in software development is, that there is a bug in every piece of software.  And by induction, every time you fix one bug, there will always be another bug left in the new software 🙂

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Can you not put in one and not the other?

Sure you can.  IF you only want to use one OR the other, you can just put it in the one you want to use.

But most most people bough the P6 to use it with Buzztv6.  But like with any new software, it still has a few bugs to iron out.  In the meantime, people have the option to still use Buzztv 5 which is more mature.  So people tend to go back and forth to check out the progress on buzztv 6, and see if it is usable for daily use considering their usage style.

Great, what are the current bugs with Buzz 6. I know about the MAC server for sts41, but other than that, for what i need it for, watching live tv, vod and series, is there anything else?

10 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Great, what are the current bugs with Buzz 6. I know about the MAC server for sts41, but other than that, for what i need it for, watching live tv, vod and series, is there anything else?

What MAC server bug ?  What sts41 is experiencing is NORMAL.  Since buzztv 5 and 6 are 2 different software packages, they are seen as 2 different boxes on the server.  And MAC servers often bind to the first device that connects to them after a reset (due to a variety of reasons, including DeviceID and in some cases, even tokens. 

However nbs posted above that he right now, with his server, as long as he powers off and on the box before switching from one to the other, he does not need to have it reset.

In terms of bugs, you'll have to test it yourself.  The list is VERY dynamic these days with updates going out regularly.

I watch tv, vod and tv series no problem on with my server.  Sure there is minor bugs with creating additional favorites categories and other minor stuff, but that does not stop anyone from watching something.  

4 hours ago, dishuser said:

owning a buzz and using a mac connection is pointless

What is the advantage to using XC? other than just being able to switch between apps? If it is a lot better, I could ask my provider if it is available.

19 minutes ago, sts41 said:

What is the advantage to using XC? other than just being able to switch between apps? If it is a lot better, I could ask my provider if it is available.

Since it is based on URL/user/password, you can install in on as many boxes as you'd like, and as long as you don't go over the max number of simultaneous connection that you are paying for, it does not matter where you are watching.

I had a buddy of mine who had 3 boxes (and 3 TVs), and he used to have 3 based MAC subscriptions to support each box.  I switched him over to the same server I use, with XC, and now he just buys 1 sub (which allows 2 connections), and he has it on 4 different boxes in the house.  It's just him and the wife, so he never has more than 2 devices streaming at the same time (since he does not record).

Also, with XC, being able to have multiple simultaneous connections (depending how many you pay for), you can be watching 1 stream, and recording another on the same account.  The main service many of us use comes with a basic 2 connections, but you have options for 4 and 6 connections if needed.

And if you are testing different boxes (like some of us do), having to reset every time you want to use another box, is just annoying.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dishuser said:

you missed 5 😉

that's what I have 🙂

Hehe..  for W****d that is a custom testers package for you I assume 🙂   Especially since I assume you expiry date is probably not "valid/existent" either on your account 😎

On basic panel the default is 2 and then you have options for 4 and 6 connections.

10 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Hehe..  for W****d that is a custom testers package for you I assume 🙂   Especially since I assume you expiry date is probably not "valid/existent" either on your account 😎

On basic panel the default is 2 and then you have options for 4 and 6 connections.

my expiry shows year/month/day and time 😉

20240626_172602(1).jpg

• Like 1