BuzzTV6 Application: Wishlist for New Features and Enhancements

Stugots

We're gathering ideas from the BuzzTV community to create a wishlist of new features and improvements for the BuzzTV6 app

Your feedback is crucial in helping us understand what features are most important to you. By sharing your ideas, you directly influence the development of BuzzTV6, ensuring it meets the needs and expectations of our community.

Join us in shaping the future of BuzzTV6! Share your suggestions today and help us create an even better viewing experience.

• Like 6

I would like to see being able to have all you favorite channels from all your different IPTV providers in one favorite folder, like you can on the Tivimate program, instead of having to switch providers.

I would like to also see a way to have this happen.

I would like to see if your box is turned off then wakes up to record a program once the program is recorder the box turns off again.

Example: If I have a program scheduled to record late at night, after I turned my box off for the night, it wakes up to record the program but after the program is recorder the box stays on for the rest of the night, or until I manually turn it off the next day. .

41 minutes ago, sea157 said:

I would like to see if your box is turned off then wakes up to record a program once the program is recorder the box turns off again.

Example: If I have a program scheduled to record late at night, after I turned my box off for the night, it wakes up to record the program but after the program is recorder the box stays on for the rest of the night, or until I manually turn it off the next day. .

As far as I know, boxes with PVR+ do not even "wake up" as you think.   I have one of my boxes connected to a monitor on my desk (in my home office).  And when I have recording scheduled, The box stays off (red LED) and it still records in the background.  So obviously no need to shutdown afterwards 🙂

And I don't put my boxes in standby.  Power button is always set to "shutdown" in my case.

In the past, yes, they used to wake up, record what they had to record and stay on.  But pretty sure both my Classic and X5 do not do that now.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

One thing I would like to see would be, on VOD (and possibly TV series) to be able to override the TMDB entry that something was associated with automatically.  Or have other DB available instead of just TMDB (like imdb or something).  Similar to what Plex allows you to do.

Example, in VOD, if I search for "IF 2024", which is a new movie.  It is there, and finds it, but it has the poster and metadata of the Paris 2024 Olympic Opening Ceremony 🙂  If I use a different app, with the same service, it has the correct metadata. 

Note, the search issue is NOT necessarily a buzz issue.  If you go to the TMDB DB, and search for "IF 2024" it also brings up the Paris 2024 Olympic Opening Ceremony.  But if you search for just "IF" it bring up the correct movie entry as first hit.

Obviously not a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice to be able to manually override, or bring up a list of hits from the TMDB (or other) to choose from if it is wrong.

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

As far as I know, boxes with PVR+ do not even "wake up" as you think.   I have one of my boxes connected to a monitor on my desk (in my home office).  And when I have recording scheduled, The box stays off (red LED) and it still records in the background.  So obviously no need to shutdown afterwards 🙂

And I don't put my boxes in standby.  Power button is always set to "shutdown" in my case.

In the past, yes, they used to wake up, record what they had to record and stay on.  But pretty sure both my Classic and X5 do not do that now.

Wow, I need to check this out, I haven't used this in a while, maybe with one of the updates something changed.

The ones I have are (2) of the U5's

1 hour ago, sea157 said:

Wow, I need to check this out, I haven't used this in a while, maybe with one of the updates something changed.

The ones I have are (2) of the U5's

see?

hypothetically you wasted a wish 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Terry mah said:

Has anyone received the P6 yet mine is on way but I'm in UK so won't get it till Tuesday 😰😰

I live in Canada and my shipping updates from Purolator say the box should be delivered on Monday we will all get them around the same time give or take a couple of days I would think

20 hours ago, sea157 said:

I just scheduled a recording ,shut box off while I was out.

Came back program was recorded properly 

• Like 4