BuzzTV Players

Maestro701

Hey guys/buzz team,

Been getting alot of unknown stream error on alot of channels lately using primary player. This player is the best, I believe this used to be secondary player in the earlier days. Channel zapping is best and channel info like HD or FHD is shown in info bar, and audio/video details is shown when info button is pressed twice. Also, when changing channels it freezes the frame rather than the black screen backup player gives. 

I am not getting the unknown stream error using backup player but the feeling is performance is miles away when compared to primary. 

Can this be looked into as to why primary player is having difficulty playing certain streams? Thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have same experience with few servers. yes primary has the best experience but if stream source gets changed and not compatible with primary then theres nothing much buzz can do. they can not constantly change player or settings because of servers.

I personally love primary player but I had only one issue with it. for my parents and family friends I usually leave it on suspend mode and like to go to live tv straight from suspend mode but if I leave it for few hours to over night I usually get a black screen (stream decode issue). I believe thats maybe due to stream change or whatever reason. so in order to fix this I have to reboot which they dont like to do it on daily basis. 

when I try backup player I dont have that decoding issue and no need to reboot but yeah channel changing is couple of seconds delay. but thats ok and nobody complained ever 🙂

so  backup player has been rock solid for me and no complaints but option to add external player of choice will be an awesome 🙂

end of the day im very happy and satisfied with backup player. 🙂

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Just curious, have you rebooted the box recently (ie: not suspend or anything), maybe try unplugging it for a few secs, an then plug it back in.

Have you tried possibly rebooting your modem/router ?   Any VPN in the loop (I've had many complain lately of many vpn services causing grief for streaming) ?  Any specific box ?  Are you wired or wireless ?  If you are wireless, do you have the option to temporarily run a cable to the router to see if it helps ?

I can't say I have experienced any issue with my main sub (w...) and I am using it primarily on both my 4900 units, and have an old E2 in the kitchen and no issues there either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ryu said:

I have same experience with few servers. yes primary has the best experience but if stream source gets changed and not compatible with primary then theres nothing much buzz can do. they can not constantly change player or settings because of servers.

I personally love primary player but I had only one issue with it. for my parents and family friends I usually leave it on suspend mode and like to go to live tv straight from suspend mode but if I leave it for few hours to over night I usually get a black screen (stream decode issue). I believe thats maybe due to stream change or whatever reason. so in order to fix this I have to reboot which they dont like to do it on daily basis. 

when I try backup player I dont have that decoding issue and no need to reboot but yeah channel changing is couple of seconds delay. but thats ok and nobody complained ever 🙂

so  backup player has been rock solid for me and no complaints but option to add external player of choice will be an awesome 🙂

end of the day im very happy and satisfied with backup player. 🙂

If the stream source gets changed that is fine, but what does the backup player have that cannot be implemented in primary player? 

I'm glad you agree primary offers the best experience and it should be able to handle whatever the backup player can. 

Changing the stream format to TS, HLS or M3U does not help with this unknown stream error so it has to be more than just a change in stream source. Just need to understand how it works. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maestro701 said:

If the stream source gets changed that is fine, but what does the backup player have that cannot be implemented in primary player? 

I'm glad you agree primary offers the best experience and it should be able to handle whatever the backup player can. 

Changing the stream format to TS, HLS or M3U does not help with this unknown stream error so it has to be more than just a change in stream source. Just need to understand how it works. 

yes definitely primary is the best as you mentioned the features. as far implementing something on backup player what primary has then I guess no need of backup may be??? or maybe backup does not work well??

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ryu said:

yes definitely primary is the best as you mentioned the features. as far implementing something on backup player what primary has then I guess no need of backup may be??? or maybe backup does not work well??

No no, both players are needed. My question is, what is it, codec-wise, that backup player has that cannot be implemented in primary to handle these change of streams. 

I do not know anything about types of streams, I just need to understand what prevents primary from handling it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maestro701 said:

For the past half hour, the picture has been sticking while audio continues and a few channels have audio and video sync issues. This is with backup player. 

have you tried clear cache?

• Like 1

If there is not much 3rd party software installed/configured, then it might be worth backing up your BuzzTV servers/favorites (ensure you get a ZIP file on a USB stick).  Then doing a factory reset on the box and then restoring your servers/favorites.   Might be quicker than stabbing in the dark 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 3:52 PM, Maestro701 said:

Hey guys/buzz team,

Been getting alot of unknown stream error on alot of channels lately using primary player. This player is the best, I believe this used to be secondary player in the earlier days. Channel zapping is best and channel info like HD or FHD is shown in info bar, and audio/video details is shown when info button is pressed twice. Also, when changing channels it freezes the frame rather than the black screen backup player gives. 

I am not getting the unknown stream error using backup player but the feeling is performance is miles away when compared to primary. 

Can this be looked into as to why primary player is having difficulty playing certain streams? Thanks

The Unknown Stream Error I find happens when you have tunneled playback turned on it Configuration settings

It even states in the description to turn it off if you experience playback issues.

Backup Player is just LibVLC, which is VLC without the UI of VLC.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The Unknown Stream Error I find happens when you have tunneled playback turned on it Configuration settings

It even states in the description to turn it off if you experience playback issues.

Backup Player is just LibVLC, which is VLC without the UI of VLC.

I don't have tunnel playback enabled, never used it, nor real time streaming. 

What is primary player made of?

I get what you are saying, but if it worked before, then the provider has changed something I guess ?

I primarily use W** and have not had a media streaming error in a long time on any of my boxes (including the new X5 SS).  Actually the X5 SS did show it once earlier today, but it was a quick message, and within about 2 seconds, it started streaming with no input from me.

I know some of the streams (like the Pluto streams) that W** carries used to be in some other format, and was causing primary player to not work well, but w** fixed the stream to be like others, after it was reported to them.

And 2 other services I use, I have not seen any increase in media stream errors.

If it is not w** you are referring to, then maybe you can provide the details to aab on the specifics of the service in question.

• Like 4