**NEW** Buzz 5 App Update - Version 935 - June 5th, 2024

allaboutbuzz

Which instructions?

I’ll follow any and all instructions.

i just assume that I pulled the power plug too soon and that’s why it does nothing now.

is there something i need to know?

Ok, I’ll do that again but this time I’ll,just leave it alone.

i won’t touch the box for at least 30,minutes. Ive only waited about 15 to 20 minutes the 4 times I’ve done that already 

On 6/5/2024 at 12:19 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

NEW BUZZ 5 APP UPDATE

V935 - June 5th, 2024

SENT TO ALL BUZZ 5 USERS on Android 9 and 11 Devices.

Changes:

- Added extra characters to English keyboard in search
- Updated weather API key on Modern Home Screen. To Fix Weather not Available error.
- Fixed Fast Codes Bugs for XC 
- Clicking on a channel in search now opens info bar instead of channel list
- Added password eye to "unlock channel" dialog
- Added Back button Icon to Fav Groups
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Added Cyrillic Keyboard support to Search
- Changed EPG to support -14 and +14 days of EPG and Catch-up. The server must support it to work. 14 Days will now be stored in the EPG Database.
- Adult VOD no longer appears in the All Category + Search
- Fixed missing descriptions on VOD
- Fixed Navigation issues when scrolling through grid epg into the future times
- Fixed a bug with TMDB in VOD
- Added TMDB ID support to VOD & TV Series. If the server supports it. 
- Fixed a bug when changing Audio Tracks on Primary Player
- Fixed Catch-up wouldn't play the next program properly after finishing 
- Fixed a crash when press TV series on remote and the current server doesn't have series
- Fixed a rare crash in catch ip when server doesn't provide an info about when the recording starts and ends
- Fixed a rare crash in Audio/CC menu
- Fixed a crash in backup menus when user doesn't select anything to backup or restore
- Fixed a rare crash on XC servers when account is inactive
- Fixed a crash on MAC servers when server doesn't send user time zone to the app
- Fixed a crash (all servers) when user enters an invalid url
- Fixed a crash when the app checks if network connection is available and the app doesn't have required permissions

Leave Feedback Below

Thanks

latest update that shows on my device is from Aug 2023. when I click on Check for updates, it does nothing. 

2 hours ago, blueyes23321 said:

latest update that shows on my device is from Aug 2023. when I click on Check for updates, it does nothing. 

If what DU mentions above, does not help...

From Home screen, go up to the gear icon, and there there is an UPDATES option.  On the left of that screen you should be able to see Firmware version, and Buzz Software Version.  Please post what versions you have.

21 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If what DU mentions above, does not help...

From Home screen, go up to the gear icon, and there there is an UPDATES option.  On the left of that screen you should be able to see Firmware version, and Buzz Software Version.  Please post what versions you have.

that's where they already went

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

that's where they already went

But they didn't post what versions they have 🤔

Agreed, the update for the firmware to s/w is from where YOU mentioned.  But for data on which version of f/w and s/w should be from Updates screen.

2 hours ago, Emporium said:

But they didn't post what versions they have 🤔

Agreed, the update for the firmware to s/w is from where YOU mentioned.  But for data on which version of f/w and s/w should be from Updates screen.

they said august 2023

they did fail to mention model

my guess is x5 or u5

Edited by dishuser
  • Like 1

Thank you. I bought a new one and I’ll consider sending the one I bricked to be fixed.

ive also found ipsmarters that I can put on my lg tv.

im still going to use the buzz box x5 and will use the app on the tv as my backup.

the Iptv I use costs $18 a year but you can only use it on one device.

the new buzz box arrives on Thursday. Until then I can at least watch the Iptv that I currently use. 
‘thank you everyone

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jedab said:

Thank you. I bought a new one and I’ll consider sending the one I bricked to be fixed.

ive also found ipsmarters that I can put on my lg tv.

im still going to use the buzz box x5 and will use the app on the tv as my backup.

the Iptv I use costs $18 a year but you can only use it on one device.

the new buzz box arrives on Thursday. Until then I can at least watch the Iptv that I currently use. 
‘thank you everyone

Would be a shame to have a perfectly capable box sitting doing nothing because of a bad flash.  I would strongly recommend taking allaboutbuzz's offer. Even out of warranty, Buzz would take care of reflashing it.   It was an unfortunate bug in the 06/24 firmware, but Buzz does step up and take care of those customers even though most of the boxes are out of warranty by now.

You'd probably just have to pay for shipping there (don't know where you are located).

• Like 1