Steven

Hello All,

I've been using streaming boxes as a hobby for many years and have had very expensive ones as well as budget devices. I recently became aware of the Buzz Tv line of products, and am quite impressed by the specs and build quality of what I've seen.

I've narrowed down my purchase choices to the X5 Special Edition with 128 GB of storage or the new U5 model.

I will also be ordering the Air Mouse remote to use with it.

I was hoping for some feedback from experienced users of Buzz TV and what you see as the major differences between these two models. Thank for any thoughts that you may wish to share.

• Like 1

Both boxes are great.  Software is identical.

Where they differ is the U5 has the onboard slot underneath to be able to install a 2.5" SATA drive (I recommend an SSD - due to less heat generation and quicker access). 

If you will be doing a lot or PVR recording, or downloading of your VOD movies, then the U5 is a little more convenient.  However with the addition of a USB3 storage device, you can do the same on the X5.

Keep in mind that there are 2 new devices which will be released soon.  There is the Buzz P6 Powerstation, and the X5 Supersport.  You can google them to get some details regarding them (or you can check the forums on this site dedicated to those boxes - info is posted as it becomes available).  They will come with Android 13, and if they launch with BuzzTV 5, they will eventually be upgraded to BuzzTV 6 via an OTA update.

• Like 3

I love both of my U5 boxes.

I bought one as soon as they came out and liked it so much I bought another one about 6 month latter for my garage.

As far as I am concerned they are the VERY BEST IPTV boxes on the market bar none! 

• Like 1

Thank you, all of these responses are most helpful, and I greatly appreciate your generous feedback. I meant to add that I'm setting up a new home theatre, and was looking for an upgrade from my Nividia Shield, and these devices look to have a lot more bells and whistles for the money.

The storage space alone is a huge step up.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sea157 said:

I love both of my U5 boxes.

I bought one as soon as they came out and liked it so much I bought another one about 6 month latter for my garage.

As far as I am concerned they are the VERY BEST IPTV boxes on the market bar none! 

How has the Live TV function worked for you? From what I have researched, I believe that Buzz Tv is the only device out there that includes a similar app.

19 hours ago, Ryu said:

https://buzztv.com/5-series-comparison-chart/

https://buzztv.com/product-features/

not sure how much you know about them but heres link shows all you need in details 🙂

Much appreciated. From what I found out so far from support, the X5 Special Edition is now out of stock and won't be coming back, so it looks like the U5 will have to be my choice, unless I make an ebay purchase.

I'm a little hesitant about doing that, because unless I'm wrong,  I don't believe that I can get tech support if needed, unless I purchase directly from Buzz TV?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samsung 8K OLED 75 in said:

How has the Live TV function worked for you? From what I have researched, I believe that Buzz Tv is the only device out there that includes a similar app.

That what I like about it the most, my U5 (both of them) work perfect for anything TV related, Live TV, PPV, Movies, Series anything TV related.

But also a lot of the depends on your IPTV provider. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Samsung 8K OLED 75 in said:

Thank you for that information. I was under the impression that the live TV function works right out of the box, so apparently I would need to sign up for an iptv service?

that's correct

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, my wait is over.

My new X5 Special Edition and Air Mouse remote just arrived yesterday, overall setup went  perfectly, the live TV feature is fantastic, and I'm already using the PVR function.

Apps run smoothly and are exceptionally fast after just a few minor tweaks in developer options.

So far, it's been the best streaming device that I've ever used.

I'm already considering buying another one.

• Like 4