Can remote control tv volume only

stan767

When I use my bt-400 remote it adjusts the volume on both the buzz TV box xrs4500 and the TV itself, which makes volume adjustments difficult as both volumes are adjusted together.

There is a setting for sound on the buzz box which sets the volume to max but then the volume control doesn't do anything on the TV.

Is there a setting to stop the buzz box from adjusting its volume while allowing the TV volume to be adjusted by the bt-400 remote.

My TV is a Samsung which has the hdm arc going to a sound bar.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ryu said:

all of buzz remote controls control tv volume as well as buzz devices.

the bt-400 only controls one or the other not both though

so before commiting you need to adjust box volume first then set it for tv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

the bt-400 only controls one or the other not both though

so before commiting you need to adjust box volume first then set it for tv

I see what they are saying now. thanks 🙂

Actually in my case, using the bt400 volume in live TV mode, it adjusts both the buzz box volume and at the same time changes the TV volume. After a while, while changing the volume, the TV volume becomes too loud (gets out of sync) and I need to lower it manually using the TV remote.

Interestingly when I use the vod and use an external player, like MX player or VLC, the buzz remote adjusts only the buzz box and leaves the TV volume alone.

I never programmed by BT400 remote.  So did not try to get it to work with TV or anything.  So the BT400 remote JUST controls my X5/U5 devices.

Sure I need to manually turn on my TV using TV remote or button on the front of TV.  And if you use different inputs you need to select the input (in my case, input is not an issue since I only use the Buzz on that TV and it always turns on at same input selection).   The TV volume is set to about 60%-65% or so by default..

So to watch TV, I turn the TV on using button in front of TV, and then use the BT400 to turn on the buzz box and control the box.  Including Volume, which the remote ONLY controls the box volume (since it was never programmed).  When finished watching, I shutdown the box using the BT400 remote, and then turn off the TV.

15 hours ago, dishuser said:

settings/device preferences/hdmi-cec/volume control

I don't have that setting available on my xrs4500 box. There is one on "settings/Advanced settings/HDMI CEC" but no volume control option.

I'm on firmware v20221115 and IPTV version 5.0.935

I wish that there was an option to set an external player in live TV mode, as volume control works perfectly in vod using an external player.

11 minutes ago, stan767 said:

I don't have that setting available on my xrs4500 box. There is one on "settings/Advanced settings/HDMI CEC" but no volume control option.

I'm on firmware v20221115 and IPTV version 5.0.935

I wish that there was an option to set an external player in live TV mode, as volume control works perfectly in vod using an external player.

Using external player for LiveTV would probably slow things like channels changes down quite a bit.  Do you actually use the CEC function ?  For my purposes, I could not care less for it (since I just turn my TV on manually), so I just turn it off.  This should essentially stop the box from trying to control your TV volume.  As a test, try turning OFF CEC.

• Thanks 1