U5 Unable to load portal : not supported

ismael

Tried to connect to my iptv supplier with MAC and got this message : Unable to load portal : not supported

It's really sad that the portal works with Buzztv Essential E1 and not with the latest Buzztv U5 ...

In my point of view, what is working with previous generation box with buzztv 4, should work with new generation box with buzztv 5

Definitely not a portal issue in my point of view

Are you using the same MAC / account on both the E1 and U5 ?  

Keep in mind even if you copy the MAC from one to the other, many portals use DeviceIDs and Serial numbers, so you need to ask your provider to do a reset on your MAC account if you put the MAC on a new box.

I have tested a few different providers and have not had any issues with MAC based portals on my U5, X5, E5, B5, Classic, HD5 or even my E2 🙂  All of which run BuzzTV 5.

If your provider has done a reset and the issue persists with that portal, then you should probably PM the portal info to @allaboutbuzz and he can probably look into it and see why this specific portal is particular, and if there is a fix that can be done, they will certainly make it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nbs. said:

Whats sad is you blaming the box

or like I said before I want only the box works

Really I don't understand why you post aggressively

Maybe also portal worked with buzztv4, and with boxes of last generation, from two other renowned brands (out of the box)

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

Are you using the same MAC / account on both the E1 and U5 ?  

Keep in mind even if you copy the MAC from one to the other, many portals use DeviceIDs and Serial numbers, so you need to ask your provider to do a reset on your MAC account if you put the MAC on a new box.

I have tested a few different providers and have not had any issues with MAC based portals on my U5, X5, E5, B5, Classic, HD5 or even my E2 🙂  All of which run BuzzTV 5.

If your provider has done a reset and the issue persists with that portal, then you should probably PM the portal info to @allaboutbuzz and he can probably look into it and see why this specific portal is particular, and if there is a fix that can be done, they will certainly make it.

in fact it's my provider who tried with an E1 box on my account (it works) and me who tried with my U5 from home (with my account)

I will ask the provider if he agress to enter in contact with @allaboutbuzz and maybe they can fix the issue

thank you for you answer

1 minute ago, ismael said:

maybe I want only my box works ... 

Then learn to ask for help to determine the source that is causing the problem.   Not just making statements and assumptions. Sometimes you'll be surprised on the outcome.

After your provider tried with an E1, did he RESET your MAC account ? 

As mentioned, many servers have upgraded slightly to "try" to minimize brute force attacks, and now use DeviceID and serial numbers to marry subs to specific boxes.  so if you test with one box, you may need to do a reset on the account if you want to use it with another box (just changing the MAC is not always enough).  Just saying.  I sometimes forget to do it for my customers sometimes when I test with my box.  It's simple, but he just need to remember to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Then learn to ask for help to determine the source that is causing the problem.   Not just making statements and assumptions. Sometimes you'll be surprised on the outcome.

After your provider tried with an E1, did he RESET your MAC account ? 

As mentioned, many servers have upgraded slightly to "try" to minimize brute force attacks, and now use DeviceID and serial numbers to marry subs to specific boxes.  so if you test with one box, you may need to do a reset on the account if you want to use it with another box (just changing the MAC is not always enough).  Just saying.  I sometimes forget to do it for my customers sometimes when I test with my box.  It's simple, but he just need to remember to do it.

ok thank you