E2Max Live tv freeze

Hi

Could anyone help me fix this persistent problem I am having with my E2 Max box. Live tv picture keeps randomly freezing no matter the settings I am using. What settings should I use? I am certainly missing something. I'm using wired ethernet on a 1.5 gbit internet connection.

Hi

Firmware version: 2022096

IPTV. 5.0.906

API XC

I tried both players "Principal and Sauvegarde" (I am using french language) Live video freeze with either player. As for my service, I tested it on a different Android box and it played ok.

Thanks

Edited by Laurier Doucet

Has this been happening for a while, or is it worse this weekend ?   This weekend many ISP are trying real hard to block and throttle due to the superbowl.  And I know many services which were buffering like crazy tonight. 

If you try with and without VPN and the issue does not change, then maybe it is time to backup you servers/favorites.  Ensure the backup file is on a USB stick (because I believe by default that box would try to backup internally).  Then do a full factory reset, restore your servers/favorites, and try again.

Here is a link for hard resetting an xrs4000 (replace xx with tt), but procedure is exactly the same on the E2.  I know it may sound drastic, but it may be quicker and less frustrating than trying all sorts of stuff and not getting any results.

hxxps://youtu.be/1TKa88hjjrg

Hi

I have had this freeze problem for months. I suspected the VPN might be causing this problem therefore I turned off the VPN and rebooted the box. Still freezing. Then I uninstalled the VPN and rebooted the box. No picture freeze over several hours. I hope this was the way to go. Too bad I cannot use a VPN or can I with special settings?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Laurier Doucet said:

Hi

I have had this freeze problem for months. I suspected the VPN might be causing this problem therefore I turned off the VPN and rebooted the box. Still freezing. Then I uninstalled the VPN and rebooted the box. No picture freeze over several hours. I hope this was the way to go. Too bad I cannot use a VPN or can I with special settings?

Thanks

depends on your vpn provider. do they update regularly and if yes do you update their app? also, set specific and closest and fastest server might help. do you setup automatically connect vpn at startup or manually? its completely on your hands now to play with these settings until you find out whats the best setting for you because vpn servers my work good for few hours then may not later and you have to switch to best. so best thing is manually select best every time you wanna watch. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Laurier Doucet said:

Hi

Thanks a lot for your smart advice.

I remember selecting the closest server to my home with automatic connection. The VPN I am using is a very popular one and they promise more stable Internet connections.

I'll try to find the best connection.

no worries bud 🙂

The problem is probably made worse by the fact that the E2 is an older box and a little underpowered for some VPN protocols.

Some VPN protocols are also heavier than others.  If you decide to install the latest vpn client from your provider, experiment by changing between protocols.  Since they do encryption, they can be taxing on the cpu, and therefore they can vary  lot from one protocol to the other (openvpn, wireguard, ikev2, etc..) in terms of how resource intensive they can be.