USB 3.0 Wifi Adaptor

Revy

I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi I was wondering if I would be able to use a USB 3.0 Wi-Fi adapter on this box or obviously if I open up the box can I replace the Wi-Fi card and do you know what card I would need to replace it

I won't temper internal but I dont know if or which external wifi adaptor will work however, I would say buy an extender with an ethernet port and leave extender next to your box and hardwire from extender to the box. 🙂

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Unfortunately it looks like the Wi-Fi on this box is tapped out Done everything under the sun To try and fix the issue And it just seems to be getting worse which is why I wanted Replace the internal no

I have a few friends that use the TP-Link AV1000 powerline adapter kits, and love them.  No matter what you do, a wired connection is preferred over Wifi anyhow.  There is nothing that can guarantee you that the onboard wifi is even replaceable.

A TP-Link AV1000 kit is about $70 on amazon and worst case, if it doesn't help you or doesn't work because of some strange electrical setup in your home, you can always return it obviously.  But this will eliminate the WiFi completely, and it would be a wired connection, which would give you the best connection possible anyhow.

And no you can't uninstall buzztv5.  It is part of the guts of all Buzztv boxes.  That is the whole point of getting a buzztv box.  Otherwise you can just use a generic android box.

13 minutes ago, Revy said:

Yes i guess i bought the wrong box for my needs. 

Like nbs said, there is nothing wrong with the 4000 for wifi (unless yours is defective). 

It's just no matter what box you have, wired is always better than wireless.

The box is quite capable of running other apps also (which I won't mention here, since this is a buzz forum).  It's just that it has the Buzztv software embedded at it's core, since that is what most people prefer to use.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Revy said:

Degrading wifi chipset. Made from China. TG I didn't buy this.... RETURN!! Ty to the previous guys for your input. But you, you're snarky and an idiot. 

Who are you calling snarky and an idiot ?  Just trying to understand.  

Other than pure factual posts, I don't see any other posts above

BTW: Degrading wifi chipsets are on piles of devices.  I had 2 ASUS routers, who's 2.4Ghz radios both went dead.  One was still under warranty and replaced by ASUS (painful process, but was the principle).  And piles of laptop who's internal wifi have failed.  It happens.