Deleted data in error

rdw33

Did the updates twice and now version 5.0.796. Strange I had to do it twice. Now after changing MAC (HOORAY!!) still won't connect with known good URL info. I have a feeling the deleted couple of bytes from device 2 is the culprit.

Just ask your provider to to do a MAC reset on your account.  Upon first connect, It will re-marry to whatever your box has now.

If you delete the server entry and create a new one, it will be reset the deviceIDs to the default.  Any change to MAC or deviceID info would be specific to the single server entry anyhow.

And I am pretty sure 5.0.796 is not the most recent for a 4500.   .799 is the oldest I know for some buzztv 5 boxes.. Most others are up at .906 or so.

Edited by Emporium

9 minutes ago, rdw33 said:

Did the updates twice and now version 5.0.796. Strange I had to do it twice. Now after changing MAC (HOORAY!!) still won't connect with known good URL info. I have a feeling the deleted couple of bytes from device 2 is the culprit.

not possible