BuzzTV XRS 4900 Android IPTV OTT set-top HD 4K TV Box

jol173

My Buzz 4900 Android box is not responding, is in limp mode-red light on the front panel -box does not turn on. I tried doing the hard reset by pushing and keeping the reset button pressed for 15 seconds and plugging the power back on but it did not do anything. does anybody have a way to get it back? thank you.

Are you using the right power supply ?  The 4900 and U5 use a 12V power supply, and all other Buzz boxes use a 5V power supply.  Using a 5V on the 4900 will not harm it, but will not turn it on either.  It is a common error from those who have more than one buzz box.

If you are using the right one, it may be defective.  Would you happen to have another 12V power supply around that would fit ?

Kind of hard to do anything if the box does not power on 🙂  

They did say they tried to do the pin reset procedure, and still no joy, it stays red.  

One thing I would do, is disconnect the HDMI cable when doing these tests (just in case some CEC is taking control).

@jol173 you mentioned "I tried doing the hard reset by pushing and keeping the reset button pressed for 15 seconds and plugging the power back on" 

I'm assuming you pressed the button (through the AV hole), then plugged it in and THEN waited 15 second (while holding the button).  You don't press, wait 15 seconds and then plug it in.  Just checking.

• Like 1

Lucky it was in that direction (ie: using a 5V when device expected 12V).   If you do it the opposite way around, you would not have been so lucky, since the device expecting 5V would "possibly" smoke if you gave it 12V.

I usually put a small ptouch label at the end of 12V power supplies, to warn/remind me that it is a 12V and not for use on most other buzz boxes.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 11:49 AM, Emporium said:

Are you using the right power supply ?  The 4900 and U5 use a 12V power supply, and all other Buzz boxes use a 5V power supply.  Using a 5V on the 4900 will not harm it, but will not turn it on either.  It is a common error from those who have more than one buzz box.

If you are using the right one, it may be defective.  Would you happen to have another 12V power supply around that would fit ?

they were asked this at another site on the 5th and said they were using original

they never replied back since...lol

• Like 1