Blue light still on when u suspend

Woody

• 2 months later...

I rarely use suspend, but I just tested and my 4500 and 4900 with 906 also stays blue on suspend.  

XRS4500 Firmware V20220919 with 5.0.906

Both of my XRS4900, Firmware V20220923 with 5.0.906  (nbs, as you mentioned in another thread you have slightly newer fw, 2022116, "which was made for some users having standby/shutdown issues with their remote. After powering off")

Not sure suspend issues would be s/w related.  I'd assume they were firmware related.  But then again, it has been a while since we have gotten a f/w update on the 4000 series.

Tested on my Classic ( 5 series), and it works as expected.

Back on Oct 19 when allaboutbuzz posted about  906 going to all android 9 boxes, he did mention they would look at the light issue again when it was mentioned that the issue was not fixed [at least not for all cases] (even though release notes state it is).

I've tried everything I can (reset, clear caches). I was upgraded to FW 20221115, and it disabled my HDMI-CEC. Doesn't seem to have solved the underlying problem, and I'm afraid I won't be able to undo the CEC problem it created. I do know from testing .799 works, .906 doesn't. I tested both from a factory reset to conform this.

One of my 4900 boxes is connected to my Sharp Aquos TV, and my second one is connected to a 24" computer Monitor which I have in my bedroom with a small soundbar. connected to the audio out jack of the monitor.  

They both used to go red on suspend ages ago when I used to use suspend.  Nowadays I just do a full shutdown, since I found that when I used suspend, after a few resumes the network starts to act up, and I'd need to reboot anyhow.  So for the extra minute it takes to do a full boot, nowadays all my boxes are set to shutdown.  

• Like 1

agreed. lately some servers causing issues while boxes are in suspend mode. it won't play picture until I give a complete reboot. so its much better to turn OFF device and wait around a minute vs not having picture and restart and start again. I got few people there tv blocks picture every time when they turn ON from suspend mode if they keep it suspend from few hours to over night. I recommend them to switch to shutdown and now issue resolved. 

• Like 1

I won't disagree with your point with full shutdown. However, I've never had issues using suspend on any of my boxes, as I do a restart now and then, but I also refresh my network on a regular basis. What bothers me is that the boxes came with the suspend option installed by the manufacturer (same as my TV, computers, cell phones) and it worked perfectly until this last update. Let's say I take my car to a dealership,. They flash updates to my computer modules, and now my A/C no longer works. Is it acceptable if the service managers says " no problem, you can just open the window? That's not a resolution. After over two months dealing with this problem, it needs to be fixed.

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I won't disagree with your point with full shutdown. However, I've never had issues using suspend on any of my boxes, as I do a restart now and then, but I also refresh my network on a regular basis. What bothers me is that the boxes came with the suspend option installed by the manufacturer (same as my TV, computers, cell phones) and it worked perfectly until this last update. Let's say I take my car to a dealership,. They flash updates to my computer modules, and now my A/C no longer works. Is it acceptable if the service managers says " no problem, you can just open the window? That's not a resolution. After over two months dealing with this problem, it needs to be fixed.

The box DOES go into suspend mode.  It is just the LED that does not change color.  So it is not really that bad.  

"You A/C works, and it does cool you down, but the lights do not reflect it" - ie: just like my Honda is now 🙂

I'm sure it will eventually get fixed.

14 minutes ago, westcoast said:

This is issue started to happen in Sept when a new update was installed on my 4900. If I revert back to the old firmware from the Sept one the 4900 will suspend and the light will turn red.

We know, and so does Buzz.  They already thought they fixed it in the last update, but they are aware that it was not, and they are looking into it.  Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update.

https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/topic/13848-new-buzz-5-app-update-version-50906-october-19th2023/&do=findComment&comment=31278

However it is mostly cosmetic, since the connection does disconnect.  I confirmed while checking my reseller panel, and confirmed by checking the connection log on my firewall.