Woody

The 4900 is an older box, based on Android 9.  The newer boxes are the 5 series, which are based on Android 11, which is what I would recommend.

However having said that, if you absolutely want s 4900, you can check the Buzztv Global web site, they do seem to be selling some under the "refurbished" section.

If you don't want new, and prefer new, then Worldwide Satellites does list them on their web site.  But they are pretty much the same price as the newer 5 series.

I you absolutely want an HDD/SSD slot like the 4900, then the U5 is the equivalent on the 5 series.  If that aspect s not of huge importance, then I'd strongly recommend you look at the BuzzTV Classic (and the remote included is a BT250, which is very similar to the BT200 originally included with the xrs4900).  You could still record, but you would need to add a USB stick for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dishuser said:

I love my 4900

2½ years old and still going strong

Same here.  I have 2 of them and I love them.  One in the living room and one in my bedroom.  They are my main daily use devices , and so far, the BT200 remote which came with the 4900 is still my favorite remote.

Even though I have the X5 and U5 units, my wife would hang me if I replace the 4900 units she has gotten so used to.  

FYI: there is nothing wrong with Android 9.  For a purpose built unit (ie: IPTV) it just works and it is stable.  There is no software that I have seen that "needs" anything higher anyhow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dishuser said:

ya the bt-200 is my favourite as well

can start a download and only turn tv off when I crash

And let's not forget how easy it is to turn on the backlight if you want to.  Even in the dark, you feel your way to the bottom rightmost key, press it for a few seconds, and it enables the backlight.  Do the same again to disable it completely

• Like 1