epg

Biggy

9 hours ago, Biggy said:

no, on other players the epg loads fast

When you say EPG loads fast.  Are you sure it is not just Cached from previous use ?  Many services offer a 7 day EPG, and therefore once cached, you will rarely see it updating the last 2 or 3 days, and current programs are always there.

has to reset with the reset button on dongle,had to reset remote also removed  batteries and reinstalled,seems to be working,thing is this thing is brand new and already having a lot of problems...but oh well,to the drawer it goes..

9 minutes ago, Biggy said:

has to reset with the reset button on dongle,had to reset remote also removed  batteries and reinstalled,seems to be working,thing is this thing is brand new and already having a lot of problems...but oh well,to the drawer it goes..

sometime brand things give us problem too but really depends on user ends technical skills too. im not saying you dont have technical skills or lack of skills caused this issue but just saying 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dishuser said:

haven't had to use offset for about a year now

with buzz tv it auto corrects on it's own

Way more than a year honestly.  Provider changed from having EPG in PST, to having it in UTC, and I did not even realize it, since all my boxes just auto adjusted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

Way more than a year honestly.  Provider changed from having EPG in PST, to having it in UTC, and I did not even realize it, since all my boxes just auto adjusted.

I was showing pst vancouver,usa...lol

and still had it set to current and it auto corrected

13 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I was showing pst vancouver,usa...lol

and still had it set to current and it auto corrected

exactly.  I always leave new buzz boxes at "current".  Service provider EPG was PST/Vancouver for the longest time like you said.  I don't know when exactly they changed (probably when they switched to new servers and backend), but now it says UTC, and I did not adjust anything and everything is auto adjusted 🙂

39 minutes ago, Emporium said:

exactly.  I always leave new buzz boxes at "current".  Service provider EPG was PST/Vancouver for the longest time like you said.  I don't know when exactly they changed (probably when they switched to new servers and backend), but now it says UTC, and I did not adjust anything and everything is auto adjusted 🙂

I'm pretty sure buzz set epg to the tz on your device so even if that service went back to pst it wouldn't matter because when that happened I had to change from -3 to current even though server epg was -3 for me

Edited by dishuser