BuzzTV X5 very unstable

Gilles1945

Since few days I'm having a hard time to stream tv the picture continously freez and restart even in second player and the box is wired ethernet. I have factory reset clear cash. Nothing to do I had to do a hard reset and it continued to work OK until this morning. So I ask my friend to bring is Formuler tv box plug it with all wires of mine and work flawlessly for over hours. So I re-connect mine and still do same thing even on the second plsyer Backup. Keep freezing, I did a second hard reset again after an hour  it restart freezing. 

Is there a problem with the BuzzTV X5??

Edited by Gilles1945
Forgot some important info

You mention that you bought this for  "pause rewind forward".  Where ALL you tests above with external media installed and TS enabled ?  Or just plain vanilla, nothing installed or enabled yet ?   Sorry to ask, but I did not see any mention of one way or another in the thread.

With incompatible external media, TS enabled can cause all sorts of freezing and hanging.

• Like 1

The ts I was using was the primary player of buzztv x5. The BuzzTV X5 I'm having a problem with it's unstable. If I  would know at the time I would have purchased something else. The reviews were good on BuzzTV x5 which I really loved. Maybe there is something wrong with the box I don't know. I hope that I will have help to solve the problem. 

Appreciate you helping me 

7 minutes ago, Gilles1945 said:

The ts I was using was the primary player of buzztv x5. The BuzzTV X5 I'm having a problem with it's unstable. If I  would know at the time I would have purchased something else. The reviews were good on BuzzTV x5 which I really loved. Maybe there is something wrong with the box I don't know. I hope that I will have help to solve the problem. 

Appreciate you helping me 

I have 2 X5 units and they are both rock solid and stable.   Maybe you just got a defect.  It can happen, even with the best of devices.   I'm sure Buzz will take care of it.

• Like 2

OK this morning I did a hard reset and installed my Bitdefender VPN.  I change in buzztv x5 settings that the remote control volume and picture choice standard. Didn't change nothing Else. Now using the primary video player.

Now viewing only one channel LCI from France. Working for over 1 hour without buffering. 

Now I activated time shift and catchup then stated back the problem like freezing,  lipsing not synchronize with voices

So  what can I do for solving the problems??

I removed the ts and catchup to return to regulator without any problems. 

It's important to me because I bought the BuzzTV X5 for this reason?

Thank you very much for your support. 

Not sure MicroSD is your best option for TS.   USB 3 is the best option for throughput.  There is no mention on what standard the MicroSD card has been designed around, so no idea of speeds, and access times.

Decent USB3 sticks are not that expensive nowadays.  And you don't need anything HUGE anyhow.  A small 32GB stick would be plenty.  And like Ryu mentioned, makes sure to use the BLUE port (USB3), not the black one (which is only USB2).

• Like 2

I'm very disappointed nothing is working for me. I received my 32Gb usb3 and it's worst than yesterday. 

I wrote to allaboutbuzz and never answered to 2 requests. 

so I will have no other alternative to negotiate the return for repair.  And it's expensive. If I understood well I have to pay two way shipping and receiving.

Thanks so much to everyone who give time to help.

1 hour ago, Gilles1945 said:

I'm very disappointed nothing is working for me. I received my 32Gb usb3 and it's worst than yesterday. 

I wrote to allaboutbuzz and never answered to 2 requests. 

so I will have no other alternative to negotiate the return for repair.  And it's expensive. If I understood well I have to pay two way shipping and receiving.

Thanks so much to everyone who give time to help.

did you fill out a rma?

• Like 1