Brand new u 5 video stuttering and will not record

Pioneer plasma

Hi, I received my new U5 today. When I play anything from my iptv provider through Buzz tv 5 it stutters. When I play anything with another app. from the same iptv provider it does not stutter . Also I cannot record anything, the app says recording but when I try playback of the recording it give me an error message. Note I put the included hard drive in the U5 and formatted it . Any help would be greatly appreciated,

42 minutes ago, Pioneer plasma said:

Yes they allow 2 connections and I set up the hard drive that came with the unit as the storage location I believe 

you set that up in menu/pvr/pvr options?

or you formatted as device storage?

you want to format as removable in settings/device preferences/storage

I also am having this glitching or micro freezing issue when using the Buzztv5 player. Have tried changing player format with no change. Happens with or without vpn usage. Running app 200mps on speed. No issue when using T****ate or any other IPTV player with same provider. Curious if anyone else is seeing this issue. 

1 hour ago, Crypto said:

I also am having this glitching or micro freezing issue when using the Buzztv5 player. Have tried changing player format with no change. Happens with or without vpn usage. Running app 200mps on speed. No issue when using T****ate or any other IPTV player with same provider. Curious if anyone else is seeing this issue. 

what else you have done beside changing player?

2 hours ago, Crypto said:

Pm allaboutbuzz with all your info 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be late seeing this thread as I have a Buzz X5.  I recently had this micro freezing issue on my X5 when using the Buzz TV 5 built-in app with both of the new IPTV services I tried to replace my primary that went offline last month.  Both use Xtream code vs M3U stream.  However, my backup IPTV service (which also uses Xtream code continued to perform perfectly with the Buzz TV 5 app -- no micro freezing.   The micro freezing makes sports events unwatchable.

I have 2 other Android TV streamiong devices that did not exhibit the issue whether using Tiv***te or their dedicated IPTV app for any of my 3 IPTV service.  On the Buzz X5,  using Tiv***te or the dedicated IPTV provider app peformed fine in all respects.  Only with the Buzz TV 5 built-in player did this phenomenon appear -- and it appeared with and without the VPN connected.  Changin DNS servers from my ISP to Cloudfare or Open DNS made no difference.

When I changed to the backup Buzz player per Emporium's suggestion, the problem disappeared.  So, this phenomenon only occurs on  Buzz devices using  the primary player.  So, if anyone expreriences this issue, go ahead and switch to the backup player and see if that resolves the issue.

• Like 1

The player to which works best, is very dependant on the service you use and HOW they encode their streams.  Most services I use, work perfectly fine with Primary player.  There are very few that I need to switch to backup.  And usually, most that I am obliged to use backup player, don't survive too long, because they typically have many other stability issues (not related to the box).

Usually you try changing players first.. If that doesn't help and you are using XC, change the Stream type.

21 minutes ago, Neil Yoder said:

For me micro stutters occur when timeshift is enabled. Timeshift will not work with backup player. Timeshift works without issues onSp***le Pl***r.

This thread is not about timeshift 

Emporium:  Both of the IPTV services I am investigating as backup candidates are among the most loved services by veterans on Troypoint Insider.  They are both fantastic services everywhere but the Buzz TV 5 app.  With the backup player enabled they are fine.  All other device have no issues at all with them.  There is something about the Buzz TV 5 app only when using the primary player. with these services  Everything is good now when using the backup player as you suggested.  Problem solved !!

Agree.  Sites like this enable people with similar issues to stand on the shoulders of those who experienced the same problem and reached a resolution.  I would not have been able to resolve this micro freezing issue if I had not saccidently tumbled across this U5 thread.  Great resource for Buzz users.

• Like 1