On startup gets to BuzzTv icon and flashes

Bryanm

I've done it many times on many of my boxes.   I have actually taken a  Q-Tip (cotton swab), and cut one of the cotton tips off.  I find it is the perfect size, and it just fits into the hole, so it goes in straight (no angle or anything).  And like nbs mentioned, once it goes in and hits the button, you can feel the small click.

• Like 1

thank you for your answers. Yes i can feel the micro switch and ear it when i insert my toothpick in the av hole, and yes i push it then plug the power in and hold(more than a minute). when i do it, the first icon show on the center but the light turn red and the box froze there. I can't do nothing after.

i also tried an other screen and hdmi cable. what do you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dannbee said:

thank you for your answers. Yes i can feel the micro switch and ear it when i insert my toothpick in the av hole, and yes i push it then plug the power in and hold(more than a minute). when i do it, the first icon show on the center but the light turn red and the box froze there. I can't do nothing after.

i also tried an other screen and hdmi cable. what do you think?

Time to email buzz

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Somewhere while searching I thought I saw a way to get into settings while screen is flashing  5 buzztv..  can't get by this flash and don't know settings if I hard reset. Is there a way to get into settings?

You can try going through the pin reset procedure, but instead of a choosing a factory reset, you can try just clearing the cache as a first step.  Clearing cache won't affect your settings.  Then reboot.  Be careful and don't press any other buttons than what are mentioned.  

But if that doesn't work, you will probably need to do a reset.  I don't know of any way to get into settings while it is stuck in a FC loop.

Have you tried powering it down/unplugging it.  Unplugging video cable..  Plug power back in (ie: should power up while video cable is unplugged) and then try to plug video in after 2 or 3 minutes (which in theory it would be booted already) ?  Just thinking out loud.. 🙂

Sorry buddy.. Time to gather up your subscription info (contact your reseller if you don't know) and to do a full reset and hope it fixes the issue.  If it is MAC based sub, you probably only need the portal URL.  If it is an XC type sub, you'll need portal url, username/password.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need to contact buzz directly if it is still under warranty.

If you bought the box also from your reseller, then time to contact them first.